Great Technique Section by Neil Turner!

Wow! Great site! :thumbsup: Its got all I wanted to learn!
Thanks a million! :D

fuzzybuster said:
Guys, check out this excellent technique section on Neil Turner's website.

Neil is a UK-based pro...enjoy dg28.com website technique section

Neil, like myself is a member of the Editorial Photographers UK web group.
Hiee....Fuzz...

Well.......i really like the style and one thing i got to say about the style......many pl here may have varying opinions on the lighting methods used here some may not like sharp shadows...........I personally like the different styles of shots with flash....

Rgds,
sulhan

Hi Sulhan,
I've sent you a pm.

Don.

Thanks for the informative link, fuzzybuster! Great tips! I love it because other than just the technical information aside, he gives his experience and the concepts behind his shots! Marvellous...

Looks great!!!

sulhan said:
Hiee....Fuzz...

Well.......i really like the style and one thing i got to say about the style......many pl here may have varying opinions on the lighting methods used here some may not like sharp shadows...........I personally like the different styles of shots with flash....

Rgds,
sulhan

I agree. Not for everyone but from what I can see, I expect many of the styles reflect the "style" of a particular publication. I'm sure said "sharp" shadows would not be acceptable for say Playboy :angel: whereas they are for certain newspapers!

It's a great wealth of information Neil is sharing here. I'm glad I found it again, as I found it about 12 months ago and had forgotten about it until I read a recent post of his.

thanks for sharing.....fuzzybuster...

fuzzybuster said:
I agree. Not for everyone but from what I can see, I expect many of the styles reflect the "style" of a particular publication. I'm sure said "sharp" shadows would not be acceptable for say Playboy :angel: whereas they are for certain newspapers!

I think it depends on what is being shot even in publications that frown on sharp shadows.... could be useful in certain types of articles and page designs... Neil's got both sharp and soft shadow shots in that website and each are appropriate for the context they are found in.

Hi Don

sorry v confused here .. this is irrelevant, just to say will try and make gathering on Thursday

John Lofthouse said:
Hi Don

sorry v confused here .. this is irrelevant, just to say will try and make gathering on Thursday
Hi John,
Welcome, hope to see you then. :)