Great review of Olympus C4000Z at Imaging Resource...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Read more about it: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C40/C40A.HTM

quote:
This was probably the most time I've ever spent on the review of a sub-$500 digicam, but I felt that the camera itself more than justified it: IMHO, Olympus' new four-megapixel C-4000 Zoom delivers more features and value for the price than pretty much anything else on the market, at least a this particular point in time.The overall package is really an exceptional value. I'm pretty confident in predicting that this model is going to be a big success for Olympus.

It also comes with a free 64MB SM card, GP Powerbank Rapid charger with 4 1600mah batteries, and an advanced Camedia digital workshop worth $300, as stated in the ad on 28th August 2002 Computer Times. Quite a nice deal to me. :)

equote from Cathay Photo and other cameras.....

1) Olympus C4000 Zoom @ S$825.00
free with purchase ( while offer/stock last )
- 64MB smartmedia card
- GP Powerbank charger kit

2) Olympus C40 @ S$1,050.00
3) Olympus C4040 @ S$1,205.00
4) Olympus C3040 @ S$875.00
5) Canon G2 @ S$1,180.00

Date : 30 Aug. 2002 / SL

Hi Mpenza

The C4000 has an external flash connection right. Using Vivitar only get "auto" mode. Mertz give "TTL" mode but have to get the Oly original bracket also. Is there any other flash that can work on "TTL" mode with just one cable?

Cheers--

Originally posted by mpenza
Read more about it: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C40/C40A.HTM

quote:
This was probably the most time I've ever spent on the review of a sub-$500 digicam, but I felt that the camera itself more than justified it: IMHO, Olympus' new four-megapixel C-4000 Zoom delivers more features and value for the price than pretty much anything else on the market, at least a this particular point in time.The overall package is really an exceptional value. I'm pretty confident in predicting that this model is going to be a big success for Olympus.

For those who are interested in the C-4000, you may wish to consider waiting till the official release of the C-5050 at Photokina before making your purchase decision. IMHO, the C-5050 packs far more attractive features than the C-4000 (one such feature being a flash hotshoe, which will eliminate the need for the expensive flash bracket and cable combo mentioned earlier in this thread), but it remains to be seen what kind of price premium we will have to pay for this new crop of 1/1.8" CCD five-megapixel cameras.

Originally posted by Midnight
For those who are interested in the C-4000, you may wish to consider waiting till the official release of the C-5050 at Photokina before making your purchase decision. IMHO, the C-5050 packs far more attractive features than the C-4000 (one such feature being a flash hotshoe, which will eliminate the need for the expensive flash bracket and cable combo mentioned earlier in this thread), but it remains to be seen what kind of price premium we will have to pay for this new crop of 1/1.8" CCD five-megapixel cameras.

meaning that it would be very exp ???
now c4000 oni 800

Originally posted by Blankies
meaning that it would be very exp ???
now c4000 oni 800
We don't really know what the prices of the new five-megapixel cameras will be like yet, because they are using a new CCD model. My wild guess is that the initial retail price of the C-5050 will be slightly higher than the Canon G2 and definitely significantly lower than the Nikon CP5700.

Originally posted by Midnight
We don't really know what the prices of the new five-megapixel cameras will be like yet, because they are using a new CCD model. My wild guess is that the initial retail price of the C-5050 will be slightly higher than the Canon G2 and definitely significantly lower than the Nikon CP5700.

wooh...that would be ard 1.3 k eh ?

hmm was thinking if I could get the 3040 at 4000 price I rather the former...

Status
Not open for further replies.