Great place for Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe u can try changi village hotel. I just went there last christmas and there this couple who held their wedding on the rooftop. the swimming pool on the rooftop as well and it overlook the sea....quite a nice view.....but think can only hold 7or 8 tables only....but if ur frenz only wan the ceremony on the rooftop, then they can proceed to the halls for the dinner after that....:)

I believe the thread starter mentioned his friend prefer a hotel...
so I think we should give more hotels suggestions...

Alkaff mansion closed down years back....没生意

Anyway even if it is still there, I would advice you not to go there..it was a disaster when my colleague had his wedding there...

among al, the best i seen was from hotels at sentosa...do check out.

Hi there,have you try to take in malaysia at JB cos my wedding photo was taken at malaysia JB and it might cheaper but the only thing you have to traveller in and out at the custom.

Other gorgeous houses to shoot weddings:

Beaulieu House, Beaulieu Road.
A beautiful seaside house at Sembawang Park
beaulieuhouse.jpg

31-K Pepys Road
RBC1.jpg

Now a museum called Reflections At Bukit Chandu. A villa on the hill.

Danish Seamen's Church (10 Pender Road)
tbl9yb.jpg

A beautiful mansion halfway up Mount Faber, originally called Golden Bell.

yeah i was thinking of the place too.. saw the pics on the web.. looks great! :)

scramblur11 said:
maybe u can try changi village hotel. I just went there last christmas and there this couple who held their wedding on the rooftop. the swimming pool on the rooftop as well and it overlook the sea....quite a nice view.....but think can only hold 7or 8 tables only....but if ur frenz only wan the ceremony on the rooftop, then they can proceed to the halls for the dinner after that....:)

hmmm dont think they will take up this option... thanks anyway~

joe said:
Hi there,have you try to take in malaysia at JB cos my wedding photo was taken at malaysia JB and it might cheaper but the only thing you have to traveller in and out at the custom.

armand78 said:
hi guys, my friend from States is looking out for a good place to hold her Wedding in Sept. So i'm trying my best to help her with it.

Okay, she is interested in a outdoor setting for her ceremony and then proceed on to a indoor dinner. Any suggestion? ;)
Rasa sentosa at sentosa. Can have the ceremony at the beach or on a green lawn and then later proceed to the 3rd floor ballroom (cant remember the name) for indoor dinner. The back of the ballroom is all glass so can see the sea from an elevated view.

Should be quite good except guests may experience a bit of inconvenience? :)

do note the following points about weddings at raffles hotel's lawn:

Timing is crucial- ive seen countless guests all dressed up in suits and suffering in the sun when weddings are held there between between 10am and 4pm (can feel their pain... and the heat)

Singapore's weather- we basically have 4 different kinds of weather; killer heat, blankets of rain... and the transition stages of ominous clouds (from heat to rain) and soggy grounds (from rain to heat)

my advice? best weddings held there have always been either evenings or nights. renting a marquee and huge fans are common there too :thumbsup:

yeah thanks Lionel! Great pointers there!

LiOnElLiN said:
do note the following points about weddings at raffles hotel's lawn:

Timing is crucial- ive seen countless guests all dressed up in suits and suffering in the sun when weddings are held there between between 10am and 4pm (can feel their pain... and the heat)

Singapore's weather- we basically have 4 different kinds of weather; killer heat, blankets of rain... and the transition stages of ominous clouds (from heat to rain) and soggy grounds (from rain to heat)

my advice? best weddings held there have always been either evenings or nights. renting a marquee and huge fans are common there too :thumbsup:

armand78 said:
hi guys, my friend from States is looking out for a good place to hold her Wedding in Sept. So i'm trying my best to help her with it.

Okay, she is interested in a outdoor setting for her ceremony and then proceed on to a indoor dinner. Any suggestion? ;)
For this year, most hotels, restaurants are fully booked for weekends and holidays. You may try to make a call to any of the venues mention here to confirm.

One Fullerton where the merlion is, follow by Fullerton hotel for the dinner. The evening there is very charming..... :D

Wonder if the Esplanade allows you to do an open-air ceremony at their rooftop...

eh... my friend she mentioned that... fullerton looks like a funeral place... hahaha

freeworld said:
One Fullerton where the merlion is, follow by Fullerton hotel for the dinner. The evening there is very charming..... :D

armand78 said:
eh... my friend she mentioned that... fullerton looks like a funeral place... hahaha

Interesting... which part of Fullerton?? Hotel or ballroom? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.