Great Pies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
I've just discovered a great place to buy pies!

For all you people who are fans of Traditional Steak Pies & Mushroom, Cornish Pastry, Chicken and Mushroom, Steak & Kidney, Steak & Gusiness and Irish Lamb Stew Pies, look no further.

It's named Big Ben's Bakery. (No, i am not related to the proprietor) :devil: Blk 551 Bedok North Ave 1, #01-52. Tel: 68700737

Located in the heartland of HDB Beok, it's shop front is quite unassuming but trust me, the pies are absoluntely to die for!

This place provides it's pies to Cold Storage and other supermarts that caters to the expat crowds. In fact, expats and locals alike all over Sg drop y and buy them in batches, while they are chilled and enjoy them at home.

I'm not kidding. :D We're talking abt tummy rubbing, stomach filling, wholesome goodness. :)

Each pie cost $3.

Originally posted by clive
price looks ok

Most definately. It's stuff full of ingredients and thick chunky gravy, loaded with fillings... Very worth it. :D (I just had one steak & mushroom and one Irish Lamb Stew and i'm now simply satisfied and filled.) :D

Friendly guy (Augustine) runs the place with his family and he is pretty amicable and friendly so for those who stays on the east side, drop by and buy a pie. :)

Note: There is no place to sit down and eat. It's strictly for take away only and if you want pies delivered, must order 14 pies and above. :D

woo, thanks for the tip off! quite near my place, shall try it one day. ;)

Originally posted by rubric
Wolfie, you're absolutely right. After you've tasted their pies, you'll snub other pies. :D

Ah, a fellow fan! Good to know. Which is yoru favourite pie? :D

Originally posted by Tweek
woo, thanks for the tip off! quite near my place, shall try it one day. ;)

Good Good! Do try and share with us all if you enjoyed it. :D

Originally posted by rubric
I've only tried the chicken pie one, so that's my favourite. Like all pies, best eaten when almost piping hot!

Oh my... that sounds really good. have not had good pies in a long time. the last time was in NZ. Jimmy's pie "smack".

not that i have seen jimmy though. :D

Thanks for the tip. Will definately check the place out.

Originally posted by Wolfgang
I've just discovered a great place to buy pies!

For all you people who are fans of Traditional Steak Pies & Mushroom, Cornish Pastry, Chicken and Mushroom, Steak & Kidney, Steak & Gusiness and Irish Lamb Stew Pies, look no further.

It's named Big Ben's Bakery. (No, i am not related to the proprietor) :devil: Blk 551 Bedok North Ave 1, #01-52. Tel: 68700737

Located in the heartland of HDB Beok, it's shop front is quite unassuming but trust me, the pies are absoluntely to die for!

This place provides it's pies to Cold Storage and other supermarts that caters to the expat crowds. In fact, expats and locals alike all over Sg drop y and buy them in batches, while they are chilled and enjoy them at home.

I'm not kidding. :D We're talking abt tummy rubbing, stomach filling, wholesome goodness. :)

Each pie cost $3.

Where exactly is the place?

Originally posted by Wolfgang
The address is stated right there. ;)

Take Bus No. 225 from Bedok Interchange (next to Bedok MRT)

Alight at the 6th Bus stop. Near Kaki Bukit Community Centre.

You will see a Blk 550. Since the shop is at Blk 551, it should be near-by.

Goto www.streetdirectory.com
Punch in the Postal Code: 460551

http://www.streetdirectory.com:8080...&heading=551 BEDOK NORTH AVENUE 1, HDB-BEDOK (460551)

Wolfie, what time does it open? Feel like trying it on my way to work. (Pies for breakfast? Hmm.. sounds like a good idea)

If it's not open in the early morning then I might have to try it after work.

Originally posted by tert
Oh my... that sounds really good. have not had good pies in a long time. the last time was in NZ. Jimmy's pie "smack".

not that i have seen jimmy though. :D

Thanks for the tip. Will definately check the place out.

Sounds good but a bit lazy to go there just to buy pies, tho I live in the East..

Originally posted by ralphii82sg
is it near the fengshan hawker centre??

Not really. But I guess if you walk from there to the Red Swastika School and then cross the road and walk further in (pass several blocks of HDB, pass Yu Neng Pri School), for 5-10 mins you should be near the region.

The Key landmark there is the Kaki Bukit CC.

Wah lau, just reading this thread makes me hungry.;p

icic...thanks...hmmm anyway...anyone has any idea wat time the shop opens till??

might drop by there on wed to pick up some pies
hehehe~

Originally posted by Newman
Wah lau, just reading this thread makes me hungry.;p

Yeah, I shouldn't have read it at night. Now my tummy is rumbling.

Hmm... Maybe I should try the Lamb Stew Pies. (sounds nice and I have never eaten a lamb pie before. It's always chicken or tuna)

Any chances of them having steak and cheese, lamb and cheese or ANYTHING with cheese? :D

Maybe can mass order and get them to send to SEED... One extra thing to talk about...

[Not that i know what SEED is and how its like ... but it sounds like a great idea] :rbounce:

omigawd...

/me droolz...

steak & kidney... haven't had that since i was last in Ozland...

Status
Not open for further replies.