Great Pies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening hours;

Mon - Fri: 10am - 7pm

Sat: 10am - 6pm

Sun: 12noon - 3pm

:D

Tert: No, sorry mate. Nothing with cheese but trust me. These pies are fine by themselves. But if you really want cheese, go get a pizza. :p :devil:

For everyone else, if you do drop by there, do post and share with us your favourite pie. :D

Originally posted by Wolfgang
I've just discovered a great place to buy pies!

For all you people who are fans of Traditional Steak Pies & Mushroom, Cornish Pastry, Chicken and Mushroom, Steak & Kidney, Steak & Gusiness and Irish Lamb Stew Pies, look no further.

It's named Big Ben's Bakery. (No, i am not related to the proprietor) :devil: Blk 551 Bedok North Ave 1, #01-52. Tel: 68700737

Located in the heartland of HDB Beok, it's shop front is quite unassuming but trust me, the pies are absoluntely to die for!

This place provides it's pies to Cold Storage and other supermarts that caters to the expat crowds. In fact, expats and locals alike all over Sg drop y and buy them in batches, while they are chilled and enjoy them at home.

I'm not kidding. :D We're talking abt tummy rubbing, stomach filling, wholesome goodness. :)

Each pie cost $3.

Yup i agree with you mate...... tried it quite a while back and it's really good..... My favourite is the steak & Kidney pie!!!! Probably the best pies in Singapore.....

OT: if anyone of you is in Sydney, go try Harry's Pies!!! I endorse it !!! :D www.harryscafedewheels.com.au

Well, since they deliver for orders above 14.

I believe there are more than 14 people for each SEED session.

:D

Originally posted by newuser
Take Bus No. 225 from Bedok Interchange (next to Bedok MRT)

Alight at the 6th Bus stop. Near Kaki Bukit Community Centre.

You will see a Blk 550. Since the shop is at Blk 551, it should be near-by.

Goto www.streetdirectory.com
Punch in the Postal Code: 460551

http://www.streetdirectory.com:8080...&heading=551 BEDOK NORTH AVENUE 1, HDB-BEDOK (460551)

Wolfie, what time does it open? Feel like trying it on my way to work. (Pies for breakfast? Hmm.. sounds like a good idea)

If it's not open in the early morning then I might have to try it after work.

Ahhh thanks!! Was lazy to find out how to get there! :D

I went and bought 4 pies. Chicken mushroom, kidney, beef n mushroom and cornish pastry. Great taste. Frenly proprietor this Mr Augustine. Very cute backery with many british termed deco.
:thumbsup:

Fav pie -->beef n mushroom

Originally posted by kongg
I went and bought 4 pies. Chicken mushroom, kidney, beef n mushroom and cornish pastry. Great taste. Frenly proprietor this Mr Augustine. Very cute backery with many british termed deco.
:thumbsup:

Fav pie -->beef n mushroom

Good on you. :) It's good ya? ;)

The PIES are GOOOD!! Just went there yesterday, bought 4 pies.. Cornish pastry, irish lamb stew, chicken & mushroom and beef & mushroom. The kidney pies were sold out :( But anyway the man at the counter told me not to try the kidney ones if i have not eaten it before. :dunno:

Maybe we can ask for a CS discount scheme :p

Going later... "smack" :D

Originally posted by tert
Maybe we can ask for a CS discount scheme :p

Going later... "smack" :D

Agree! :D Maybe instead of $3 per pie.. make it $2.50 a piece :gbounce:

Originally posted by sehsuan
for the fans of massive chicken pies, you might want to try Don's personal pie club

http://www.donpieclub.com.sg/

one massive chicken pie for 12.80, if i remember the price correctly... and that pie is like, the size of a regular dish! :eek:

Yeah yeah... tried that before. But one thing's that the meats are too chucky for my liking... not their fault though, with a pie that size!!! :p

heh heh, before the shop was started, i had a couple of chances where i had it, along with the kueh lapis for free.... :D

Originally posted by RuthBaby
in fact, i bake very nice ham n mushroom quiche :D

extra cheese for all CS members :D

*DROOL* The last time i had nice quiche was in aussie! Ruthie bake some for us CSers leh!! :D

OT: other then ruthie's where can i get nice quiche??

Status
Not open for further replies.