Great Eastern Life is great photo competition 2008??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennieP

Deregistered
Aug 12, 2008
I tried searching for this on the net, does not seem to have this year? Is it true? :dunno:

Have lah... this year's theme is slightly different....
still Life is Great... but with Nature...
Try googling 'great eastern life is great with nature photo competition'...

hey, Thanks !

Hi!

Can i check what they meant by composite photographs, multiple exposure, and images manipulated electronically which distort the reality of the image or otherwise, will be disqualified.

The above statement means no photoshop?

TIA!

Hi!

Can i check what they meant by composite photographs, multiple exposure, and images manipulated electronically which distort the reality of the image or otherwise, will be disqualified.

The above statement means no photoshop?

TIA!

i think you are allowed to make minor edits (e.g.: exposure, colour, etc.) but not huge changes. you also cannot submit panos, bracketed shots (?) etc.

also, please note "The winning entries shall remain as property of the organises/sponsors, who reserve the right to use them in any manner deemed fit, without payment of any fee." Point 7 of the T&C. i see that this is becoming increasingly common among competitions...

also, please note "The winning entries shall remain as property of the organises/sponsors, who reserve the right to use them in any manner deemed fit, without payment of any fee." Point 7 of the T&C. i see that this is becoming increasingly common among competitions...

I think this point is bullshit.Just shows how much respect the photographers get. I mean if it were for competition publicity purposes it would be okay...but now it becomes their property totally...

Hmm... then how do we know when we are overstepping into the line??? I mean, if minor adjustments are allowed, how minor?
:sweat:

Hmm... then how do we know when we are overstepping into the line??? I mean, if minor adjustments are allowed, how minor?
:sweat:

i guess you have to base it on your own judgement. compare the edited and unedited pictures. if they look like two different pictures, you know that you have done too much. the editing should be done to 'beautify' further the picture, or possibly 'rescue' the exposure/poor WB or colour. it should not be done to manipulate and change the picture entirely

if my photo has faces of random people in them, do i need to obtain any sort of 'model release' before submitting for a competitions like this? pls advise. :confused:

i am also curious to know about this!!! Do we need to get permission from the people inside the photo before submission?

if my photo has faces of random people in them, do i need to obtain any sort of 'model release' before submitting for a competitions like this? pls advise. :confused:

anyone can help? :)

I think this point is bullshit.Just shows how much respect the photographers get. I mean if it were for competition publicity purposes it would be okay...but now it becomes their property totally...

it says the photo becomes the property of the organisers. but does this mean the copyright also belongs to them? it is not stated specifically. anyone knows? vince?

it says the photo becomes the property of the organisers. but does this mean the copyright also belongs to them? it is not stated specifically. anyone knows? vince?

if you are so worry and concern about your photo copyright, it is best not to participate.

Can we crop the photos? but after cropping my image is less then 3000 pixel on the longer side. Can i print the cropped image and sent the original image?

Where is the best place to print the photos for this competition in Jurong Area? Pls help

Where is the best place to print the photos for this competition in Jurong Area? Pls help

How about Miao Laan at Bukit Batok? Tell them you're from clubsnap.

Miao Laan Colour Centre
Blk 154 #01-302 Bukit Batok St 11
Behind Mcdonald's and next to KFC
Tel: 65641062

Status
Not open for further replies.