Great Eastern’s 5th “Life is great!” Photo Competition


Status
Not open for further replies.

elemental

New Member
Jun 4, 2004
194
0
0
#1
Dear all,

We are pleased to inform you that we have launched our 5th "Life is great!"
Photo Competition in The Straits Times "Digital Life" section on 10 May.

This year, our "Life is great!" Photo Competition encourages photographers to capture sweet moments that make living great in pictures - it could be anything and everything : it could be the beauty of a rainbow after a storm; the love when Grandpa steals a kiss from Grandma; the courage of your nine-year old in his first skateboard stunt... Participants will stand to win cash prizes worth $23,500 if their photos depict the theme well.

If you know of any of your clients, friends, neighbours or club members who are keen in photography, do encourage them to send in their entries. The deadline for entry submission is Thursday, 30 June 2005.

The entry form and the rules and regulations can be downloaded from our lifeisgreat website at http://www.lifeisgreat.com.sg/NASApp/lifeisgreat/index.jsp
 

AdyH

New Member
Mar 8, 2005
344
0
0
#2
can't find in the website leh
 

#4
"If any other shortlisted images are found to be appropriate for use by Great Eastern, Great Eastern shall negotiate with the photographer on the twrms of their use."

I think this is a great improvement from their previous years' rules :thumbsup: . Definately shows effort has been put in to protect the rights of the photographers ....

Time to start shooting ... JOIN! JOIN! JOIN! ;)


RGDs
 

Apr 22, 2002
761
0
0
Central
#5
but i find quite confusing for the below?

"Each participant is allowed to submit up to eight pictures in a
single Entry Form. Photocopies of this Entry Form are acceptable."

In the entry form itself, we have to fill in the title of image and the location we shoot. In this case, how to submit 8 images with 1 single entry form where 8 titles and 8 locations are required to be filled in? :dunno:
 

StreetShooter

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,634
0
0
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
#6
Long Thai Bean said:
"If any other shortlisted images are found to be appropriate for use by Great Eastern, Great Eastern shall negotiate with the photographer on the twrms of their use."

I think this is a great improvement from their previous years' rules :thumbsup: . Definately shows effort has been put in to protect the rights of the photographers ....

Time to start shooting ... JOIN! JOIN! JOIN! ;)


RGDs
Wow, that's an almost 180 degree change in attitude! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

West_ray

Senior Member
Feb 10, 2003
1,864
0
36
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
#7
MatthewSCL said:
but i find quite confusing for the below?

"Each participant is allowed to submit up to eight pictures in a
single Entry Form. Photocopies of this Entry Form are acceptable."

In the entry form itself, we have to fill in the title of image and the location we shoot. In this case, how to submit 8 images with 1 single entry form where 8 titles and 8 locations are required to be filled in? :dunno:
just attached another sheet of paper with the titles and locations lor ..
 

Terence

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2003
4,751
0
0
I'm a Llama!
#8
Or we could all save some time and just give LiewTL the first prize again :)
 

~Arcanic~

Senior Member
Feb 27, 2005
2,671
0
0
Westy
#9
its stated somewhere that digital manipluated pics are not allowed..?
so we must use film then?
 

yapel

New Member
Mar 16, 2005
112
0
0
68
Singapore
#10
~Arcanic~ said:
its stated somewhere that digital manipluated pics are not allowed..?
so we must use film then?
Clause 9 says: ... Hi-Res digital image files (minumum 2000x1600 pixels) ...

So, just dont manipulate your digital photos lor ....!
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#11
"Life is Great!"

Hmm..... might be a little problematic for me catching happy themes like dis.
 

billpepsi

New Member
Jan 2, 2005
1,269
0
0
The 3rd Rock
#12
~Arcanic~ said:
its stated somewhere that digital manipluated pics are not allowed..?
so we must use film then?

Is contrast and level adjustment consider digital manipulation?
 

Mar 22, 2005
434
0
16
#13
jsbn said:
"Life is Great!"

Hmm..... might be a little problematic for me catching happy themes like dis.
Life is never great...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom