GRD IV is now $499!! or less

Which shops selling the grd4?

Alan, Bally, MS Color, TK

SLRR selling $427 nett cash

Almost half of the price I bought it when it just launched.

427? That is really a steal :)

magicianhisoka said:
427? That is really a steal :)

May I know how is the low light performance ? Like indoor ? Normal compact even the Canon IXUS range tend to get blur. What about this camera?

May I know how is the low light performance ? Like indoor ? Normal compact even the Canon IXUS range tend to get blur. What about this camera?

its a smaller sensor after all so u must manage your expectations. u won't get dslr quality out of it.

when you say blur, what do you mean? u mean there's noise? or is the photo blur cos there's not enuff light for a faster shutter speed?

Thanks, blur I mean shutter speed not fast enough to prevent a simple hand held shot.

Thanks, blur I mean shutter speed not fast enough to prevent a simple hand held shot.

the plus point for advance PNS with M-mode and RAW is that u can fix the settings to something u're comfortable with and do PP after that to fix slight under-exposure. doesn't work all the time but its better than nothing.

thats what i do with my LX5 - i'll constrain the ISO to minimise noise and set shutter speed so its just enough to prevent motion blur. if under-exposed, i'll try to PP a bit afterwards. can recover more details this way. i find that its better than setting the ISO on auto and letting it get carried away.

Thanks for detail guide, yes, I agree with the technique , which I never purposely use but sometimes when I have a bad shot and try to recover at PP, the photo turned out quite acceptable. I think it's a good technique under the limitation of no flash and slow shutter speed. Go Manual! Thanks again.

detritus said:
the plus point for advance PNS with M-mode and RAW is that u can fix the settings to something u're comfortable with and do PP after that to fix slight under-exposure. doesn't work all the time but its better than nothing.

thats what i do with my LX5 - i'll constrain the ISO to minimise noise and set shutter speed so its just enough to prevent motion blur. if under-exposed, i'll try to PP a bit afterwards. can recover more details this way. i find that its better than setting the ISO on auto and letting it get carried away.

Bought it from SLRR and they are also giving $35 cash voucher for this month! Will use that to get additional battery :)

White color available at this price?

Any discount on other Ricoh stuff, like the GXR?

I thought SLRR no stock?

I called and was told there is only one set left. So, yah, I bought the last set ;p

White color available at this price?

White color is available at about $100 more, so about $530.

Any discount on other Ricoh stuff, like the GXR?

None yet but hopefully soon ;)