Gray Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

solesouljoy

Jul 25, 2007
Hello :)

Can someone help me with the meaning of gray set? What does it mean when you call a camera a gray set?

Thanks!

You mean "grey set"?

Its like a "parallel imported" unit, the warranty not covered locally. Some shops do offer you "shop warranty" but it really depends on how comfortable are you with the arrangement.
Many of such "grey" units are imported from Hong Kong and they can be a couple of hundreds cheaper.

Detailed explaination here (Wikipedia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_market

Last edited:
Parallel Import. No warranty from local distributor.

okay.. thks guys. that helps =)
one more clarification -
but what if i buy an export set in say, hongkong. will it come with international warranty, even though there is no local warranty?
that means that in Hk no warranty but in singapore there will be?

okay.. thks guys. that helps =)
one more clarification -
but what if i buy an export set in say, hongkong. will it come with international warranty, even though there is no local warranty?
that means that in Hk no warranty but in singapore there will be?

i suppose u mean u wanna buy an export set IN hong kong right?

if thats the case then i suppose it depends on where does the unit originate from.

i mean if there is no local warranty in that country for a grey set, will it be possible that that grey set comes with an international warranty?

a bit confused. thks thks

i mean if there is no local warranty in that country for a grey set, will it be possible that that grey set comes with an international warranty?

a bit confused. thks thks

I don't think bodies have international warranty. But lenses usually come with international warranty. Correct me if i'm wrong.

thks eugene, but im a canon user ;)

is there such thing as grey set lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.