Graphics tablet recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

clavi

Jun 3, 2009
Hi, anyone has recommendations for graphics tablet? Budget is $100 to not more than $300.
What pros/cons between big vs small pads? Thanks.

Hi, anyone has recommendations for graphics tablet? Budget is $100 to not more than $300.
What pros/cons between big vs small pads? Thanks.

Nothing beats Wacom.

For your budget, only the Wacom Bamboo tablets are within it.

The Intuos 3 and 4 are better ones but it's way off your budget.

i'd recommend Wacom too!! :thumbsup:

i've been using the Graphire3 (discontinued version) for so long..
the tip of the pen has worn-out but its still very usable.
i'm so used/attached to it, i can't do my Graphic Design work without one now!! :confused:;)

i've never tried the newer Bamboo..
but if you can find the older Graphire4 (within your budget) its really worth it..
or look for a 2nd hand Intuos version, which is better.
bigger pad/working space will be better as it'll make working of finer details easier/more accurate.. :)

Last edited:
bamboo fun. love it.

Was using it but will be upgrading to Intuos 4. :lovegrin:

i'd recommend Wacom too!! :thumbsup:

i've been using the Graphire3 (discontinued version) for so long..
the tip of the pen has worn-out but its still very usable.
i'm so used/attached to it, can't do my Graphic Design work without one now!! :confused:;)

Time for a change pal. :)

Thanks bros... may I know where can I get the Wacom tablets? So far, I only see Genius tablets in Sim Lim Sq.

Wacom Bamboo fun M size will do ;)

Thanks to all bros who responded. Appreciate.

I think better to get wacom tablet from Cathay Photo Marina. They may be able to give you a slightly better price.

i bought my Wacom bamboo fun(small) from Challenger some time ago. Member price is $153 i think plus $2 off for parking.

But be careful. They bundle it with Photoshop elements 6. but for some its bundled with some photoimpact thing. The white coloured ones seem to be photoimpact.

So if you want the photoshop elements please double check. Also if you are using apple need to check if its the version that can be used.

You might want to check on amazon. It was much cheaper at the time i was looking and they give photoshop elements for both MAc and windows. Its quite a hardy tablet so it should survive shipping.

Last edited:
Can Nikon Capture NX2 take advantage of this product?

Anyone using it with Capture NX2?

Cheers,
Ben

If you have your own graphics software then look for Bamboo tablet (black color) that without any bundle software with cheaper price than Bamboo Fun model. (the tablet spec. are the same except the Bamboo pen, the eraser side has no pressure level)
Watch out from the coming Comex 2009 shows in Suntec tomorrow, may be got some discount on pricing this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.