Graphics & imaging works best on Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr|ever

Nov 3, 2002
Visit site
I'm sure many would know that graphics & digital imaging works best on Macs. I know that too. But I dun know why... :dunno:

I have been a PC user. I used to do all my digital touch-ups on photoshop in PC. Until I got a job which requires me to use Mac. I've been fiddling with Mac for a few months now. But frankly, I can't seem to tell the difference. Maybe I haven't look deep enough. Besides a few buttons which are "misplaced" from PC to Mac, I really dunno anymore difference. This would affect my decision on investing on a Mac or PC in my future work in graphics & imaging.

Can any pro enlighten me?

:)

Gr|ever said:
I'm sure many would know that graphics & digital imaging works best on Macs. I know that too. But I dun know why... :dunno:

I have been a PC user. I used to do all my digital touch-ups on photoshop in PC. Until I got a job which requires me to use Mac. I've been fiddling with Mac for a few months now. But frankly, I can't seem to tell the difference. Maybe I haven't look deep enough. Besides a few buttons which are "misplaced" from PC to Mac, I really dunno anymore difference. This would affect my decision on investing on a Mac or PC in my future work in graphics & imaging.

The color management system in OSX a super plus point for me. AFAIK, safari and IE on Apple Computers are the only browsers that are truly color aware and can read color profiles.

My wallpaper's ICC profile can even be read by OSX as well.:bsmilie:

Mac or PC... they are just computers, still need a human behind it. Same as camera... ^^

for the same price one pays for a mac, one can easily build a PC system with much better specs.

eikin said:
for the same price one pays for a mac, one can easily build a PC system with much better specs.
:thumbsup: as long as colour management is properly done by operator, PC's can be just as good as Macs for graphics and imaging...I believe Dreamworks SKG and ILM use PCs...:)

ortega said:
but power is nothing without control

and it looks cools as well

i have full control of PC but still struggling with Mac OS :bsmilie:

eikin said:
i beg to differ....i find a mac (at times) more economical..:D

Used to be a die-hard PC fan...... But after my contact with an i-mac five years ago, I have been stucked with it! Now even added a Apple Powerbook in my house now....;p

I think Mac has a superior colour seperation and management system as compared to PCs. That should explain why the design industry and printing companies still swear by Apple up till this day. Not to mention that the new OS X Tiger is such a joy to use!:thumbsup: With Apple now switching to Intel processors, I can only imagine the direction that Macs will be heading.....:bigeyes:

i'm not much of a techie, but i find using a mac grows on you. once you've made the switch, u grow to like your mac. :bsmilie:

not to mention, iphoto isn't significantly laggier with 15gb of photos loading each time i open it... :lovegrin:

Gr|ever said:

I have been using Mac at home and at work since they have system 5.

Since I bought a Pentium 4 two years ago I have been liking it. In my photography I am asked to save Photoshop tiff in PC format whether I use a Mac or PC by all the agencies I have dealt with. I guess that says it all.

However I can say Mac is a bit sexier than PC. If you want a wife you can marry a PC cheaply and get a Mac for a mistress to play around with. :bsmilie:

OT: Some say you can buy apple based on how many kgs you need (and eat them) :bsmilie: .

But, I read somewhere, mac with bootcamp run windowsXP and photoshop is faster than in mac itself.

Regards,
Arto.

Sion said:
I have been using Mac at home and at work since they have system 5.

Since I bought a Pentium 4 two years ago I have been liking it. In my photography I am asked to save Photoshop tiff in PC format whether I use a Mac or PC by all the agencies I have dealt with. I guess that says it all.

However I can say Mac is a bit sexier than PC. If you want a wife you can marry a PC cheaply and get a Mac for a mistress to play around with. :bsmilie:

treating the wife like a slave and having pleasures with the mistress? :bsmilie:

Sion said:
thing is...easier to play with PC...more games and easier to mod...can mod your PC to make it look like a Mac, then best of both worlds :bsmilie:

Artosoft said:
OT: Some say you can buy apple based on how many kgs you need (and eat them) :bsmilie: .

But, I read somewhere, mac with bootcamp run windowsXP and photoshop is faster than in mac itself.

Regards,
Arto.

Well, IMO, it will definitely cause a sore to my eyes seeing MS windows running in a Mac hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.