Graphic Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripper

Jan 21, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys,

Thinking of using the graphic pen as I'm totally spastic with my mouse!
Any ideas which are good. Or even better, good and cheap.
;p

Thnx!

- Bob

Ripper said:
Hey guys,

Thinking of using the graphic pen as I'm totally spastic with my mouse!
Any ideas which are good. Or even better, good and cheap.
;p

Thnx!

- Bob

Wacom Intuos 2 will be pretty appealing, but the price.... :(

Alternatively, you might want to try out the Wacom Graphire2, good starter. You can find out more about it here,

http://www.wacom.com/index2.cfm

:)

Available from SLS 5th floor, the shop selling games, @ abt S$150.
Can't remember the exact price. Comes in 3 colours. I love it!

By the way, I'm talking abt the Graphire2...

Wow, didnt' know the Graphire2 is SO good!
My school (NTU) selling them at special price some more.

Warning:
Those who already bought better not read on.
Haha

Retailing at $99!
It is only the 4x5 version though.

Wah, buy buy buy!
;p

- Bob

Really?
NTU selling for $99?
Who do i contact to get this deal in NTU?

Dun think need to contact anybody.
It's on sale at our dearest computer shop which is located in South Spine.
Dun worry, it's quite easy to find. At most just ask any students for directions. ;p

Heard stocks are quite limited though. So must HURRY!

- Bob

S$99!! :cry:

anyone know whether there is any practical difference between this Graphire and the Intuos2?

Thanks!

Nothing much I think... mainly the number of levels of pressure sensitivity ... If not wrong, intuos 2 has twice the number of levels i.e... twice as sensitive...

(Hooo Hoo Hooo... back after MIA for 1 year....)

Does anyone know whetehr such tablets can be used in conjunction with the mouse simultaneously?? or is it one or the other at a time?

tks

Flare said:
Nothing much I think... mainly the number of levels of pressure sensitivity ... If not wrong, intuos 2 has twice the number of levels i.e... twice as sensitive...

(Hooo Hoo Hooo... back after MIA for 1 year....)

used to have an intuos II 9x12 inches...it came with a 4D (4 dimensional) mouse... and yes the pen and mouse can be used at the same time... i think mostly for 3D applications like 3DS Max...

anyway i think it was too big for me and uncomfortable to use...so i sold it off... to my boss... that lucky b****** (beruang)

why u might wanna consider the graphire or smaller tablets ( intuos II 4x5 maybe?)
1) portability : can carry around easily... several full time illustrators that i know use the small ones so that they can bring it home or to office.... and it takes up lesser table space so that u could put a pot of coffee / big tin of biscuits / family portrait (u miss them so much cuz uv been cramming on projects) on ur table for late nite project cramming... :cool:
2) cheaper and good enough... the big one was quite uncomfy for me.... tried my friends smaller version... and its quite comfy...

maybe the bigger one requires more calibration.... don't really wanna go into detail about it.... later if i say wrong thing then kenna flame... hehe...

quite interested in buying the graphire now... hope its still on sale... :)

does pressure sensitivity matter? my guess is no. Anyone got any info as to whether pressure sensitivity matters when doing simple image retouching in photoshop?

just my 2 cents worth.... don't flame me ah! only sharing some info... ;p

vince123123 said:
Does anyone know whetehr such tablets can be used in conjunction with the mouse simultaneously?? or is it one or the other at a time?

tks

Most allows you to work with both together. No problem with my Intuos :)

Has anyone used the Genius Wizardpen 5x4 before? Any comments.
thanks.

I used to have a very old Wacom tablet...model no longer in production. Found it a hassle to use because the tablet is so sensitive...pointer starts to move even before the pen hits the tablet. E.g. when I hover the pen like 2-3 inches off the tablet, the pointer will begin to move with the pen's movement. Thus, the point where I aimed originally will be way off when the pen touches the tablet. Thus, I found it to be useless for any graphics work. Eventually junked it.

Are the new tablets like that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.