Grandpa's old seagull

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensires

Oct 25, 2003
Grandpa's old Seagull camera. Didn't know Grandpa had an interest in photography too till aunt dug this out from the storeroom. Sure brings back memories... thot I shud share - doubt many wud have seen cameras this ancient ... manual film winding!! :bsmilie:

109_0937.jpg

109_0948.jpg

109_0961.jpg

109_0971.jpg

109_0988.jpg

109_0989.jpg

110_1001.jpg

110_1051.jpg

Shots taken with Canon Ixus v3 (then PS-leveled) in my, erhem, studio... yeah with studio(read desk) lamps and all :bsmilie: Realised the shots are a lil too dark generally ... and wud have liked some closer shots ... but this is as close as my lil v3 in macro mode wud allow ... comments welcome ...

110_1055.jpg

Noob trying to learn some new skill here... :)

How do you get that motion-blur effect on the hands in the photo? Is it added digitally, or do you really move your hands in the picture while setting a slower shuttle speed?

longshot said:

How do you get that motion-blur effect on the hands in the photo? Is it added digitally, or do you really move your hands in the picture while setting a slower shuttle speed?

slow shutter speed..
u haf to post this question in the newbie corner where the many gurus and experts will guide u on photogra[hic techniques! ;)

longshot said:

newbie? dat makes 2 of us!! yep :D i was moving my hand while taking the shots ...

slow shutter speed cud have been an option, but it's simply a low iso of iso50 that did the trick - coz my point-and-shoot-look-stylo-only :bsmilie: ixus doesn't allow me to set the shutter speed manually. it does have a special long exposure mode, but the first step is already 1 second ... too long for my purpose - the entire pic will be blurred due to cam shake, if not over-exposed (one hand holding the cam, the other winding the cam) ...

so with iso50 ('less light sensitive' in film terms), the shutter had to stay open longer - but not too long (juz enuff to capture hand movement, n not too much cam shake) ... the motion-blur shots above were captured at 1/60 and 1/13 secs respectively ...

(yeah ... hahhaha so u can say it IS relatively slow shutter speed - only that I cudn't set it manually)

sensires :kok: sensires

The camera looks pretty new! But I realised that the hot shoe area is slanted at an angle, right?

Spectrum said:
The camera looks pretty new! But I realised that the hot shoe area is slanted at an angle, right?

The old guys at Seagull had it figured out a long long time ago: on camera swivel. :bsmilie:

Now, who needs an expensive swivel flash when you have something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.