Grand Opening of The New Loyang Tua Peh Kong Temple, 3 Aug, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejay

Deregistered
Sep 18, 2006
Recently I'm hired to cover some temple events, so just to share with you guys this big big one.

Grand Opening of The New Loyang Tua Peh Kong Temple

Procession, floats, performances, traditional Chinese temple rituals, 8m (height) x 2.5m (width) high Kongming Latern (largest outside China), etc...

Since the procession is going to walk from the old temple to the new temple, you can either choose to go to the old temple and follow through, or you can just stay put at the new temple. Plenty of things there to shoot. Note that it is 1-km distance between the two.

http://www.zaobao.com/sp/sp070731_520.html

How to get to the old temple
Route Map, Bus, and MRT

Get ready your gears! ^_^

just to clarify, what happens to the old temple?

I was there also but did not see u?? Got saw 1 ah pei with a D200 1755 with SB800 flash.. :lovegrin:

I was at the "Big Move" on Fri night (with a D200 1755 & SB800 flash, but i'm not an ah pek), but i didn't follow the procession all the way to the new temple. Does anyone have photos of the interior of the new temple? I heard that it looks very grand.

I was at the "Big Move" on Fri night (with a D200 1755 & SB800 flash, but i'm not an ah pek), but i didn't follow the procession all the way to the new temple. Does anyone have photos of the interior of the new temple? I heard that it looks very grand.
sorry dont tin its u i went there in the morning..;)

my take in the new temple..

2145.jpg

1206.jpg

749.jpg

648.jpg

Resize the photo become very lousy sorry about it...:cry:

Thanks for sharing your pics, excelglsi. Are there any restrictions on taking photos in such places? Any tips on do's and don't's would be most appreciated.

Thanks for sharing your pics, excelglsi. Are there any restrictions on taking photos in such places? Any tips on do's and don't's would be most appreciated.

Before I shoot i ask whether can take... The In Charge told mi there is no restriction... The as much as u like he told mi... So there should not be anyproblem. Yeah ... if possible get a wide lens... there are a lots if good stuff ontop of the prayer site... just look up.. hehe enjoy..

Thanks again, excelglsi. Will check out the place one of these days.
Why this temple is so popular ..... IMO (i am a free thinker, btw), the people there are so open-minded. No one stops you from walking to any part of the temples, food and drinks are on the house, everyone offering me to drink/eat, take picture and no one ask you question. A part of it is the Indian temple, and I understand there is a Malay prayer section (where previously the Malay fishermen will go to pray for their safety before going out to sea, in the old address), etc... You have this feel good thingy when you go there ...:thumbsup:
Young and old, rich and poor, Chinese, Indian, and even i saw AngMo tourists .... The only setback is the parking ....

Thanks for the input, Canonised. I think there's some parking spaces at the coffee shop nearby--i'll probably try parking there if there're no nearer car parks to the temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.