Grainy Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SouL81

the sun set these few days r graet .. took a few shots ... but the shots all turn out rather grainy... dun knw why .. anyone has any idea? weas using iso 50 ... shld be so grainy rite... e exposure time varies from 1/200 to 1/4 etc...

btw ... i zoomed up to 8 - 14 x (wif digital zoom) ... does tat explain why.....?

Originally posted by SouL81
btw ... i zoomed up to 8 - 14 x (wif digital zoom) ... does tat explain why.....?
digital zoom tend to be grainly because the pixels are interpoled to reflect the increase in zoom. Try not to use digital zoom. If possible, and if money allows it, do get a telephoto convertor. :)

any TC to recomend? .. using G3 now.... dun think wan to get the cannon TC .. cos too ex liao..... any cheap n good 1.... thinking of getting 1.9x C120

1/200 to 1/4 at iso50? for sunset? wat's ur aperture?

seems a little slow (shutter) to me, the pics must have been pretty bright? could it have been over-exposure? (as well as the digital zoom)

i not too sure also lar, no expert, just thot about ur shutter speeds and it seemed way slower than wat i've used to take sunsets... :dunno: :dunno:

Originally posted by jOhO
1/200 to 1/4 at iso50? for sunset? wat's ur aperture?

seems a little slow (shutter) to me, the pics must have been pretty bright? could it have been over-exposure? (as well as the digital zoom)

i not too sure also lar, no expert, just thot about ur shutter speeds and it seemed way slower than wat i've used to take sunsets... :dunno: :dunno:

I used to take sunset at ISO 100, f22 and 1/4. Usually I use small aperture to have a richer pinkish color of the sky. :angel:

I use F8.0 ... the smallesty aperture i have.... think it is not overexposed .... but the pic real grainy.. think it is the digital zoom problem ba.....

Okie here is the pic
quite grainy rite?

I can even c some white specs .....

Status
Not open for further replies.