grainy pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2008
the blue planet
hi,
a noob question.
does the quality of a lens contribute to the noise level of a picture?
because i notice the dark portions/shadow areas of the pics from my D90 are quite grainy than they should..even at ISOs sometimes as low as 400.
according to reviews, noise handling of D90 is excellent. i did not expect seeing such amount noise at ISO400 :angry:
i'm using Tamron 18-270 & 50mm f/1.8 lens.
thanks for kind inputs :)

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
hi,
a noob question.
because i notice the dark portions/shadow areas of the pics from my D90 are quite grainy than they should..even at ISOs sometimes as low as 400.
according to reviews, noise handling of D90 is excellent. i did not expect seeing such amount noise at ISO400 :angry:
Expose it properly. Underexposed pictures will suffer from noise.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Check Noise Reduction?

May 2, 2007
hi,
a noob question.
Most DSLRs can see Noise at ISO 400 but esp in dark areas, its normal. Even using FF but at its minimum.

Lens dun really contribute to noise, even if there is, its so tiny minor. But cheap lens are softer whereas expensive ones are sharper. Ultimately for ultimate sharpness, PP is a end choice but will slightly increase noise as well.

Feb 16, 2008
the blue planet
thanks for all the notes :)
i was choosing some pics to post here and i had to reduce the size.
when i compressed them a little and they became quite smooth-looking.
the compressed files cannot enlarge as original ones when viewed at 100% so the noise became not as obvious as before :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom