Graduation Photoshoot - Coming Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Hi guys, this thread is to bring up the graduation photoshoot idea conceived sometime ago. To refresh a little, please see this thread: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?threadid=11403

The day is next Sunday, 15 September, and it will probably start in the afternoon, about 2pm. Meeting place is yet to be confirmed, but the route of advance will most probably be Botanic Gardens, maybe one more location, and then NUS, which will be the last stop. Everything is expected to end at about 6.30pm.

This is the list of kind volunteers since the last thread:
Grad Photoshoot Photographers (bold means confirmed)
----------------------------------------
1. Wolfgang
2. Tomshen Film and Digital
3. Darren
3a. BS
4. mylau
5. nEkOgOtCh Film
6. zapp!
7. kssim
8. dagger (tagging along)
9. Daniel Digital
10. Mystix
11. Zhoufang Film
12. Jethro Film
13. Raiden II Film (trial)

Hope you guys are still with me. :D I will need a final confirmation of whether you guys are still going for the photoshoot, and also indicate whether you are shooting film (negatives, no slides pls!) or digital. We will prefer film if you can cuz majority here are taking digital. Anyone else who wants to join in now, please do add to the list above. But I would like to request that you should be confident of taking decent portraitures, please do not take it as a experimental first session thingy. Our nice graduation photos depend on you! If you volunteer, we trust that you can deliver.

Also, it will be good to indicate if you are driving, cuz we are quite short of vehicles to ferry everyone, and logistics planning is required. If you are driving, your petrol for the trips during the photoshoot will be paid for. ;) And for that matter, all negatives/blank CDs used for the photoshoot will be paid for as well, but we will be keeping them. Complimentary drinks will be served as well. :D

Once I get a finalised list, I will confirm the time and place to meet at least 3 days before the photoshoot.

Thanks for reading!

Volunteer Request is CLOSED
due to overwhelming response. Thanks very much to all who volunteered! If you are not confirmed (bold) in the list and you still wish to come, please do, but the costs you incur will regretfully not be covered. But we will still serve u drinks...hee.

It's gonna be damn hot wearing the gown during daytime outdoors, specially in the botanical gardens when you have no air con place to run to.

Originally posted by Daniel
It's gonna be damn hot wearing the gown during daytime outdoors, specially in the botanical gardens when you have no air con place to run to.

yes we understand, but it's once in a lifetime thingy, and we want it, so got to tahan. :D Are there alternatives?

Put me down as a photographer. ;)

Originally posted by Tweek

yes we understand, but it's once in a lifetime thingy, and we want it, so got to tahan. :D Are there alternatives?

Get PAs to run around to fan the "models" and touch up make-up at the same time :bsmilie:

;) OK!!! Count me in!
Should be able to go....
My humble Canon S10 and Nikon 775.
Probably contribute transport for about 4 too.
:D

Originally posted by Zplus
;) OK!!! Count me in!
Should be able to go....
My humble Canon S10 and Nikon 775.
Probably contribute transport for about 4 too.
:D

Zplus, thanks for your offer, appreciate it very much. :) But my friends have agreed that at least a 3MP camera be used for digital photographers, since we may want to blow up the nicer pictures. You may want to use a film SLR instead. If you are comfortable and confident, you can use my EOS300. Let me know ok? Thanks!

In that case... till I get a better digital camera.
Zero experience with a SLR.;)

OK, so I won't be going then.

do we get the prints back if we request for it? (offer to pay for them)
i mean should at least have something to know we did rite.
put me in tentatively. (pa or shooter also can, the latter if u trust me :p )
i'm really interested too but i'm on duty next week. will have to get someone to stand in first

p.s cam's are g2 n eos30

If I will be shooting neg who's going to pay for the film and the processing?
If they are paying can I borrow the neg to make some prints for myself later?
Can I be sure that I will not be provide with films like MAX400?(actually shoot MAX at 200 or 250 it is not grainy at all)

Hey Mystix and Zhoufang, thanks for your interests and questions. Yep if you follow the previous thread (now as a link in the first post), you will find that all processing/development/printing costs will be covered by us, and most definitely the cost of the film. We won't be so bad to make you guys pay when you are already volunteering free service. :D

Also, as I have indicated in the previous thread, we will take back the negatives at the end of the day and send for development ourselves. Once that is done, we will invite you guys down again for a small gathering to share the photos over a cuppa. You can have a set of the prints of course, but heh that one you'll have to pay.

We intend to arrange for 1 dedicated photographer for maybe 2-3 people, so that it's easier to share costs and share photos. The entire session is on a nonprofessional basis, means we should all make friends and get to know each other! So stuffs like what film to buy, how to pose, where to send for development etc, can be discussed, and most of the time I think we will seek your advice on those matters anyway. :D

Hope my explanation helps....Mystix no prob I put you down as unconfirmed already...confirm soon ok? Thanks...Zhoufang, are you coming? ;)

1. Wolfgang
2. Tomshen
3. Darren (tentative - will confirm 1 wk b4)
3a. BS =>Darren's PA.......
4. mylau (tentative - will confirm 5 days b4)
5. nEkOgOtCh
6. zapp! (depending on date, PA or photographer)
7. kssim
9. Daniel
10. Mystix

Me confirmed too! Wolf! Going? :p Oh forgot... Mine will be film SLR :p

BTW, is FUJICOLOR PORTRAIT FILM NPH 400 PROFESSIONAL suitable for this? Or is it a little overkill? :p

Tweek, so we are supposed to meet u guys at BG around 2pm? This is to confirm u that I will be there and shoot both formats. But u'd better inform my models to make up. All my lens are quite sharp...

Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh

BTW, is FUJICOLOR PORTRAIT FILM NPH 400 PROFESSIONAL suitable for this? Or is it a little overkill? :p
Man, it's day time, should use ISO100.

Thanks neko and tom. :) List updated.

Tom the time and venue are tentative, I will confirm about 3 days before. But should be more or less 2pm at BG. Haha ok I will tell them about the makeup. Why not use a soft filter for the film shots, and digitally soften for the digital shots? :D

Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh
Yo boss... Is B&W an option too? How? :p

that can be a nice option too. :) Once I work out who is assign to cover who, you can discuss with your 'models' whether they want to have b&w prints or not. :D

Ahh... the advantages of digital

1) The photographer gets to keep the original
2) B&W conversion can be done after the fact
3) Easier to touch up photos
4) Models don't need to pay for film

1. Wolfgang
2. Tomshen
3. Darren (tentative - will confirm 1 wk b4)
3a. BS =>Darren's PA.......
4. mylau (tentative - will confirm 5 days b4)
5. nEkOgOtCh
6. zapp! (depending on date, PA or photographer)
7. kssim
9. Daniel
10. Mystix
11.zhoufang (film)

Pls let me know if I will need to buy my own film before hand as I do not have 100 speed neg film with me for now.

If film will be provided I will prefer Fuji reala (pro wedding photograher's favourite for daylight) as I will expect a lot of contrast. A low contrast film is really important. The much cheaper Fuji superia 100 is also very sharp but just have a little more contrast, so will lost more shadow/highlight details

My equipment is Canon EOS30, lenses are 50/1.4 & 135/2, which will be handy when take group and solo portrait respectively and are about as sharp as 35mm format can get.

Will you be expecting big group shots like 50 or more ppl? If so then better ask for MF camera users if you want to see the face of everyone clearly.

Originally posted by zhoufang
If film will be provided I will prefer Fuji reala (pro wedding photograher's favourite for daylight) as I will expect a lot of contrast. A low contrast film is really important. The much cheaper Fuji superia 100 is also very sharp but just have a little more contrast, so will lost more shadow/highlight details

are u sure Reala is the "pro wedding photographer's favourite"???!!?!!

U're right about the low contrast thingy (ie the need for a low contrast film), but i wouldn't use Reala on people. I think the correct choice woud be Fuji's NPC 160 (if u want to stick to Fuji, otherwise there are Kodak alternatives), a low contrast film specially for weddings and portraiture.

Reala will do more weird stuff to skin tones compared to NPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.