graduation outdoor portraits places

Status
Not open for further replies.

copycat

Mar 15, 2004
www.flickr.com
hello everyone!
any suggestion which location in Singapore is good for taking graduation outdoor portraits?;)

if u haven't yet shoot at Esplanade...:thumbsup:

u can try doing an outdoor shoot in Matilda's House or OCH. :thumbsup:
make sure u go in the evening or late night.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For me, the institution itself is the best unless the institution is a private one in a multistorey building.

For the best scenery relating to school, I would recommend Temasek Poly. With the bedok reservior nearby, the architecture of the buildings are just superb...:thumbsup::thumbsup: Guaranteed much better than the popular fort canning..

Never happen to go there for more than a year. Don't know whether they still allow outsiders to go in or not...

Cheesecake said:
if u haven't yet shoot at Esplanade...

happening place!!! Full of elements of surprises...:bsmilie: LOL

Cheesecake said:
full of precaution!!!! hehehe

Sunset at Matilda's is bestest.:thumbsup:
Night shoot at OCH is outstanding!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

After the shoot, I doubt they can make it for the graduation:bsmilie:

mtunlinn said:
For me, the institution itself is the best unless the institution is a private one in a multistorey building.

For the best scenery relating to school, I would recommend Temasek Poly. With the bedok reservior nearby, the architecture of the buildings are just superb...:thumbsup::thumbsup: Guaranteed much better than the popular fort canning..

Never happen to go there for more than a year. Don't know whether they still allow outsiders to go in or not...

I'm actually shooting for my 2 friends who graduated from different university. So if i shoot in one of the graduate's institution would turn out to be unrelevant for the other graduate.

Cheesecake said:
if u haven't yet shoot at Esplanade...:thumbsup:

make sure u go in the evening or late night.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have thought of going to the Esplanade. Would phototaking there require special permission especially the IMF is around the corner? I also thought of going to the old supreme court.

I dun think it's a good idea to go Matilda's House or OCH. cos one of the graduate parent are following along. you know, elders would like this idea..haha...

anyway.. Matilda's House and OCH is good for portraits taking! i agree that!:thumbsup:

err.. whats is mathida house and OCH?

copycat said:
I dun think it's a good idea to go Matilda's House or OCH. cos one of the graduate parent are following along. you know, elders would like this idea..haha...

anyway.. Matilda's House and OCH is good for portraits taking! i agree that!:thumbsup:

I think all those esplanade and city hall is really getting boring.... must think of something really special... Can try Tanjong Pagar and Raffles Place... make a theme out of it.... something like transition into working life.... you know people makes wedding shoot so wonderful proclaiming ones' in a lifetime, but graduation is of some great achievements and may only happens once in a lifetime... (unless you opt for Masters follow by PHD) Now this market maybe niche but it can prosper...:thumbsup: Just my 2 cents....:sweat:

devilboy said:
I think all those esplanade and city hall is really getting boring.... must think of something really special... Can try Tanjong Pagar and Raffles Place... make a theme out of it.... something like transition into working life.... you know people makes wedding shoot so wonderful proclaiming ones' in a lifetime, but graduation is of some great achievements and may only happens once in a lifetime... (unless you opt for Masters follow by PHD) Now this market maybe niche but it can prosper...:thumbsup: Just my 2 cents....:sweat:

That's something refreshing...
more inputs are welcome

devilboy said:

If you would know how much the lowest graduation portraits offer now, and yet still so many people opt for taking a PnS snap snap at esplanade and city hall.

where is the niche market?

FYI, graduation portraits is the second bigger pie beside wedding, as in portraits.

catchlights said:
If you would know how much the lowest graduation portraits offer now, and yet still so many people opt for taking a PnS snap snap at esplanade and city hall.

where is the niche market?

FYI, graduation portraits is the second bigger pie beside wedding, as in portraits.

Thats where marketing comes in... someone must start revolutionize somethings right? Provide a theme, project a more creative outlook than just a normal potrait. People loves creative stuff, you are a professional, if only you unleash your creativity, you can start something new, yes maybe currently out of 1000 only 1 willing to pay for such photoshoot album, but if the trends starts... everyone will be looking into it. in early 1980s, everyone thinks Computers are not useful and very expensive, 2006, computers become a necessity... everything can happen if you have the faith and determination to go towards it:thumbsup:

For those who uses PNS, by all means, they have different perspectives...

copycat said:
hello everyone!
any suggestion which location in Singapore is good for taking graduation outdoor portraits?;)
A question.

What is YOUR COMPOSITION going to be like?

If u can't even decide ur composition and what you (and ur client) wants to portray, we can suggest even crazy exotic places like Artic with the Polar Bears or Zoo with Ah Meng and ur photos will be at the best - snap shots no different taken with a PnS.

Cheesecake said:
full of precaution!!!! hehehe

Sunset at Matilda's is bestest.:thumbsup:
Night shoot at OCH is outstanding!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Night shoot or Day Shoot at OCH can be very interesting, depending on what YOU want to achieve.

I believe some had done model shoots at OCH or at abandoned houses.

Really nice I'd say. Surreal feeling of desolation and depression.

jsbn said:
I believe some had done model shoots at OCH or at abandoned houses.

Really nice I'd say. Surreal feeling of desolation and depression.

Wau Piangz eh... Graduation shot still feeling desolation and depression... Singapore Uni Grads future so bleak meh???;p

Status
Not open for further replies.