GR Digital II announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
way too much dude...

it should work ok.. but at your own risk that one with the sb-25.... :)

For MAcro shots its actually okay....quite sharp....just that for portraits and landscape...sometimes it dun seem too sharp....and it got me a little worried.i dunnoe if its the cam or maybe its just me and my hands are little shaky....or maybe the people that i am taking can sit still...haha

i am loving my GRDII the more i use it. as compared to my DSLR, taking a shot in a mixed lighting environment, the auto white balance and colour of the GRDII is so much nicer and accurate...haha

i am loving my GRDII the more i use it. as compared to my DSLR, taking a shot in a mixed lighting environment, the auto white balance and colour of the GRDII is so much nicer and accurate...haha

hmm, did you set your Focus to Multi AF? GRD is afterall more than a P&S and less than a dslr. :p so it takes sometime to customise the setting to your desire results.

I think I better play safe, will just use a cheap ebay wireless flash trigger to flash the SB-25.. wouldn't want to 'blow up' my GRD2 with the SB-25 :p Wonder what is the max flash sync speed of the GRD2? (too lazy to read manual)

Thanks Anne. Nice blog u have there...u were from TP school of ITAS too? Are u using any DSLR?

Just to spread the love to fellow GRD Lovers.

Here's my GRD and it's companions. :)

RicohGRD2-1.jpg

Thanks Anne. Nice blog u have there...u were from TP school of ITAS too? Are u using any DSLR?

Thanks for the compliment! :) yeah i used to be from TP sch of ITAS! grad about 2 years ago. what about you?

Yup, i have a canon 350d somewhere... but it's lost in action after i bought the grdII. hee.

oh right...i was from TP ITAS too...but graduated many years back in 2000...haha

Last edited:
The GRD2 is tack sharp in macro. ;p

Focus is in the head and eyes. Shot wide open that resulting the shallow DOF.
p542301657-3.jpg

p896541963-3.jpg

p1064864558-3.jpg

Last edited:
ermm...how do i put flickr photo on this album? anyone help?

GRD2 is tack sharp in macro, yes totally agreed as ever compared with the lastest Panasonic LX 3, the LX 3 is good but the color retention and marco is still behind the Ricoh GR II.

totally agree..the GRD and GRD2 has never failed me in my Macro shots..

Guys... asking on behalf for a friend.
Any idea what is a good external flash for the GRDII??
I did try using my SB-800 on it... works fine...but read that it cannot support SB-400??
Any external flash that can support TTL?? Been reading that the Sigma EF-500 seems to be the way to go.
Any other ones that we can look out for?? Hopefully want to keep the budget to 200+ if possible. Using manual mode on the flash is not an issue....

The little Sunpak flash should work nicely on the GRD2. Its <100 at Cathay.

I'm going to pick up a wireless trigger for the GRD2 tmrw.. : P should be fun trying some strobist stuff out!

I prolly ask this before about the spectrum of light that appears on my LCD when I take pictures under artificial light. How about video cam?

I tried taking some video during F1, and it looks terrible with many many streaks of light across. When I view the vid, the lights streaks are visible too. Any have the same experience? Can I go to the camera centre to get this rectified?

Hi

Not familiar with Ricohs but interested to get one after reading this thread and the pics posted.

Can anyone tell me the diff between the 2 and cost?

Also, is HK cheaper to get compared to SG?

Status
Not open for further replies.