GPS - Updating of Maps for Garmin 255W

cichlid

Dec 2, 2006
S'pore
Hi folks

I'm feeling quite frustrated in updating the map for my Garmin 255w.

I followed the steps and successfully installed the new map into the SD card that is in my Garmin. However, when i check the map info, it is still showing 2009 version.

Any clues?

Thanks.

so what exactly have you done? maybe you can list down so that we can examine it and see what went wrong?

I usually just backup the default map to say my pc HDD, and then delete the default map and load in the new maps downloaded from msm.

I am using 1350, also had a tough time with the update...I have to save all the files into the device memory instead of external memory :(

so what exactly have you done? maybe you can list down so that we can examine it and see what went wrong?

I usually just backup the default map to say my pc HDD, and then delete the default map and load in the new maps downloaded from msm.

I downloaded the SgMyMal_2011.10_1350.exe from garmin.com.sg. While running this programme I had to connect my GPS unit to the laptop via USB. A message appeared asking me to put in a data card which I assumed was to insert a SD card into the GPS unit. All went well and the exe file was transferred/installed in the SD which was in the GPS.

I thought all went well but alas, in the GPS's map info, it still showing the 2009 version. I can't find any "command" to execute the SgMyMal_2011.10_1350.exe file in my GPS unit.

I am using 1350, also had a tough time with the update...I have to save all the files into the device memory instead of external memory :(

You have a 1350 model? Could it be that the file I downloaded was not meant for 255w as the file name is SgMyMal_2011.10_1350.exe.

I am not too sure about 255....for 1350...we need to put the img file into \garmin folder .... any other place will not be detected. After loaded in, you need to select the map in order to activate....quite complicated.....I did all my reading from here and you might get your answer too

http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal/

http://www.malfreemaps.com/