GPS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
Hi all,

Will be installing a GPS in my car, can help me by telling me which brand to avoid??? Shd be going to bukit batok autobacs to buy, before been con to buy a lousy and not accurate one, better ask here first.

i thanks in advance.:)

Hi all,

Will be installing a GPS in my car, can help me by telling me which brand to avoid??? Shd be going to bukit batok autobacs to buy, before been con to buy a lousy and not accurate one, better ask here first.

i thanks in advance.:)

Perhaps you might want to try Garmin GPS. Pretty accurate. ;)

A good GPS system is one that is updated and has most local content.

You are pretty safe using any Garmins.

I would recommend Garmin nuvi 300.

http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal/

yes get garmin.

a lot of pple supporting the POIs, so maps r pretty updated.

i'm using a garmin myself

does anyone know which GPS comes with live traffic update (other than the AA)?

does anyone know which GPS comes with live traffic update (other than the AA)?

i think there's only 1 such GPS, partnered with LTA one

i am not sure if having the traffic red light camera and speed camera are effective.

Even if the GPS can tell you there is a traffic red light camera, you cant tell whether they are loaded or not! so you still end up not jumping the red light.

Speed camera - those that are installed on the roads are fixed and normally have a warning sign. it is the ad hoc mobile speed gunsthat we should be worried about and these cannot be picked up by the GPS. also those installed in tunnels are not within GPS range.

bottomline (and message from the traffic police) - keep to speed limits and dont jump red lights!

i am not sure if having the traffic red light camera and speed camera are effective.

Even if the GPS can tell you there is a traffic red light camera, you cant tell whether they are loaded or not! so you still end up not jumping the red light.

Speed camera - those that are installed on the roads are fixed and normally have a warning sign. it is the ad hoc mobile speed gunsthat we should be worried about and these cannot be picked up by the GPS. also those installed in tunnels are not within GPS range.

bottomline (and message from the traffic police) - keep to speed limits and dont jump red lights!

My old and lousy Shinko is a joke, but it's giving alert on the expressway for "red light camera" and off-road speed trap. I'm turning it on all the time now for the alert. a lot more warnings lately. That's worrying, and I'm asking how true?

got want ppl have devices to jump redlight? just dun get ambushed by tp ya, cos I saw one tp in front of ps, taking photo of cars:
1. travelling at buslane
2. dropping off passanger near ps (on orchard road)

nothing automated, tp using pns, take pictures and sure the car owner kana summon

by the way traffic light are there for a purpose to regulate traffic. to beat it not only endanger your own life but also your passenger and the other car.

Garmin GPS where got sell? or many places have it??:dunno:

Best i've seen is the papago from eastgear.

comes with super realtime traffic live monitoring and auto re-route in case there's accident/slow moving traffic/etc..
plus the map is the most frequently updated.

btw...u dont need to buy to use gps. quite a few hp come with gps. if your phone has GPS, you will just need to find the correct software to use it. dun need to buy the whole GPS system which cost 300-500. software is less than 100 bucks.

for windows mobile phone, tomtom is supported. for symbian(nokia phones) use garmin. iphone (tomtom & garmin) if im not wrong. Android- none yet.

btw...u dont need to buy to use gps. quite a few hp come with gps. if your phone has GPS, you will just need to find the correct software to use it. dun need to buy the whole GPS system which cost 300-500. software is less than 100 bucks.

for windows mobile phone, tomtom is supported. for symbian(nokia phones) use garmin. iphone (tomtom & garmin) if im not wrong. Android- none yet.

the receiver for a dedicated gps device is much stronger :)

you won't go wrong with garmin. get the one with junction view especially if you travel north up.

David, sorry to side track your thread, but on the same note on GPRS.

Why are there so many "Red light camera ahead" warning on our expressway? Especially driving towards an overhead bridge. :think:

the maps are in 2D hence it can't tell if you are on a higher ground or not. the traffic light icons are place on the road and if you are approaching them (even from the top), the warning will sound.

i get irritated by this too. same goes for the ERP warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.