GP PowerBank Smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayKia

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,

Anyone knows if this charger is available in Mustafa or anywhere in SG?

Seems that this is available in SLS but decided to get the MW4798N instead for 40 dollars.

Can charge 4xAA batts 1600-1800maH in 2.5hrs :)

Originally posted by BayKia
Seems that this is available in SLS but decided to get the MW4798N instead for 40 dollars.

Can charge 4xAA batts 1600-1800maH in 2.5hrs :)

PowerBank Smart also about 4 batteries in 2 hours. Cost $55 with 4 1800mAH batteries. A better deal than the MW4798N + 4 1800mAH batteries.

Huh?!? PowerBank Smart is the 1 hour charger and you can get it with batteries for only $55??? Where? I hope you have not confused with the Rapid Powerbank which is only a 2hr charger if you charge 1600mAh batteries. It takes 310 mins to recharge 4 1800mAh batteries.

Originally posted by revenant

PowerBank Smart also about 4 batteries in 2 hours. Cost $55 with 4 1800mAH batteries. A better deal than the MW4798N + 4 1800mAH batteries.

Originally posted by savvy
Huh?!? PowerBank Smart is the 1 hour charger and you can get it with batteries for only $55??? Where? I hope you have not confused with the Rapid Powerbank which is only a 2hr charger if you charge 1600mAh batteries. It takes 310 mins to recharge 4 1800mAh batteries.

ops, I was refering to the rapid :D

Erm..where can I find the _SMART_ charger from GP and also how much? Saw the Rapid ones but if you charge 4 at 1 time, it's not so rapid anymore ;)

Regards,
JK

LOL if the PB smart really costs $55 with 4 x 1800 batts, then I can really go bang wall haha:D

And revenant, guess what? my receipt for the MW4798N states no.2, yours no.1? :eek:

Originally posted by tanjk
Erm..where can I find the _SMART_ charger from GP and also how much? Saw the Rapid ones but if you charge 4 at 1 time, it's not so rapid anymore ;)

Regards,
JK

you can find it at Datacomm in SLS.

you can find it at Datacomm in SLS.

And where might this shop be?? I can't seem to find it :(

Regards,
JK

And where might this shop be?? I can't seem to find it :(

Regards,
JK

I also not sure which storey is Datacomm located at. Try looking at the directory.

Okie, finally found it on one of the back alleys on the 4th storey. For the sake of everybody who is interested in buying this elusive charger, the shop name is Leunig Datacomm (S) Pte Ltd. This shop doesn't look like it's selling anything on the shop front, so you could've missed it entirely. The address is #04-05.

I bought the Smart charger which costs me $78. It comes with 4x _1800 mAh_ GP batts. I have the package right in front of me, so don't argue ;). They also have the Rapid charger which costs 50++, not sure. That comes with 4x _1600 mAh_ GP batts. I don't have the package with me, so you're free to dispute if you think otherwise :bsmilie:

Regards,
JK

Okie, finally found it on one of the back alleys on the 4th storey. For the sake of everybody who is interested in buying this elusive charger, the shop name is Leunig Datacomm (S) Pte Ltd. This shop doesn't look like it's selling anything on the shop front, so you could've missed it entirely. The address is #04-05.

I bought the Smart charger which costs me $78. It comes with 4x _1800 mAh_ GP batts. I have the package right in front of me, so don't argue ;). They also have the Rapid charger which costs 50++, not sure. That comes with 4x _1600 mAh_ GP batts. I don't have the package with me, so you're free to dispute if you think otherwise :bsmilie:

Regards,
JK

Is the smart charger universal voltage 120-240? How heavy is it?

Originally posted by savvy

Is the smart charger universal voltage 120-240? How heavy is it?

The SMART charger requires an adapter :), so good news. As long as your adaptor can produce 12V at 1.5A, you're ready to rock.

The adaptor it provides, however, only like 230V at 50Hz.

Regards,
JK

One thing to note, the temp of batteries can get pretty high with either of these chargers. A very high charge current gets the job done fast but at the expense of battery lifespan.

Originally posted by Flare
Right... now is the big question. GP Smart or Ray-o-vac.......

Actually this has been discussed before somewhere, the greater generated heat will degrade your batteries faster.

Originally posted by slimey
One thing to note, the temp of batteries can get pretty high with either of these chargers. A very high charge current gets the job done fast but at the expense of battery lifespan.

Regards,
JK
i saw it somewhere someone posted that 2nd floor sls the rapid is for sale at $38 nia

Status
Not open for further replies.