GP 2800 rechargeable? BEWARE OF FAKE BATTERIES!!!

I think their promotion is over. The last time I went was a few months ago.

I bought the 2800 bat and they did not last.... must buy from reliable source.

I'm not a big fan of GP either.. although it is a Singapore Brand.

One of my batt keeps dying, so my strobe just stopped working whenever that one battery dies. It is only 3 months old and bought from a reputable shop, but I'm too lazy to get it changed even if there is such a warranty.

Sanyo & Powerex never has this problem.

Take note, tho. Challenger does not always have good prices even though you're a member and things are on offer. It's more of a place of convenience if you're lazy to shop about. But yes...sometimes stuff does go cheap there.

As for batteries, maybe you ought to check with GP to see whether they're really fake. If so, reporting the peddlers will help prevent others from getting ripped off.

I'm not a big fan of GP either.. although it is a Singapore Brand.

One of my batt keeps dying, so my strobe just stopped working whenever that one battery dies. It is only 3 months old and bought from a reputable shop, but I'm too lazy to get it changed even if there is such a warranty.

Sanyo & Powerex never has this problem.

I believe GP is a HK based company that is listed in Singapore and manufactures quite a lot of stuff in Singapore as well.

I bought a whole bunch of 2700Mah AA's and 1000Mah AAA's from Harvey Norman when they (GP) had a buy 4 AA's and get 4 AAA's for free at $20 for the package of 8 batteries. Boy are they crap. Worse than crap, because if you rely on them, you get royally shafted. Like 5 flashes from a freshly charged set of 4 AA's then nothing, zero, nada, butkus.

I will stick with Powerex and Energizer (made by Sanyo) from now on.

I think this should be the China duplicated brand.
China ppl is brilliant!

.. And that there's no packaging whatsoever. Or packaging of a design that you've never seen before. I once nearly bought a pair of fake high-end Audio-Technica earphones. Also over Yahoo!Auctions. Dubious packaging + horrible sound = dead giveaway.
-------------
Well, I bought a set of DURACELL from a Major hypermart and the batteries died on me on the 3rd shoot. Even after recharging for 12 hours, it only managed to fire 1 flash, before dieing again. Tried recharging for another 12 hours and it gave me just 1 flash before dieing...

Tried to google for a duracell distributor but there isn't one in singapore... that was somewhere last yr.
Threw it away and told myself NEVER to buy DURACELL batteries ever...

However, my GP2700 works wonderfully- it holds the longest charge compared to immedions, eneloops & sony (imho), probably bcos of the higher mah factor.

Hello,

I've found AA 2550mAh batteries on ebay for a good price but I have some doubts if they are the real thing since in the Gold Peak website it doesn't appear that model.

http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200485997558&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The seller tells me "The model number is 255AHC, and the weight is 30g."

I only found these 2550mAh model listed on an asian website: http://www.baowenfeng.com/cn/productsshow.asp?id=627

I guess that if the idea was to sell cheap fakes, then they would probably label them 2700 or 2800, don't you think?