Gown Rental for couple

uboat51

Nov 4, 2012
singapore
Hi,

Does anyone rented gowns for bride and suits for groom before for photo shoots.
Would you kindly share.
Thanks. :sweatsm:

John Fabian

Moderator's note: Thread moved to General Photography Talk, think you'll get more responses here.

you can forget about getting from bridal shop, they won't rent it to others for photography use.

check out those local online classified portals, I can't tell you who are these, but should be any problem if you Google it yourself.

Dunno about suit rental, but have friends who have rented dresses from this home-based business, can check them out: http://www.justgowns.biz/

Many bridal studios do have gown rental only packages :)

Price range about 300+ per gown onwards, that includes minor alteration and dry cleaning!

Thanks kandinsky for moving the thread.
I TRIED Ggoogling only bridal shops come up. so I need to personally call them to inquire?

Is 300 ++ the usual price for a normal gown .. or gown and suit?

I TRIED Ggoogling only bridal shops come up. so I need to personally call them to inquire?

It would be for a very simple/basic gown and suit, likely not from a bridal shop (think those generally will cost more due to higher rental/overheads/markup). Cheaper options will probably be from like smaller businesses.

Think a gown can be 3-600++ alone (depending where you rent from and the complexity/quality you choose), suits should be around the same range. A general budget might be $5-600 for rental of both. On the low low budget end $3-$400 might be possible, as there are options, although the dress/suit options will probably be more limited. E.g., The link I shared previously has simple dresses from $68-$188. Cheaper suit rental I saw at $100+ range from this place via google search: http://www.mysingaporetailor.com/rental_choose.php Never used them though, YMMV. Put together that would be $300+ roughly.

For 1 x gown rental only :) our vendors charge 350 for 1 gown, but of course if you want to get 1 gown or 2 gowns + suits it will be cheaper when you divide per piece. around 688 for 2 gowns/838 for 2 gowns + 1 kua/suit.
for suit i will recommend customizing a bespoke suit. our vendor charge 350 for 2 piece suit!