Gotta to start from scratch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
After losing all my photos due to recent hard disk crash, I have zero photo in my hard disk now. Gotta to start from scratch..........

Some lessons learned the hard way. :devil:

With your next setup, you may want to make at least 2 partitions, one for your software installations (including OS), the other for your data.

Of course, nothing beats BACKING UP your data.

:Later,

Originally posted by Pinoy
Some lessons learned the hard way. :devil:

With your next setup, you may want to make at least 2 partitions, one for your software installations (including OS), the other for your data.

Of course, nothing beats BACKING UP your data.

Yup. Tks for your advice. Just curious, even with 2 partitions I won't be able to save it if hard disk crash rite?

Originally posted by Falcon
Yup. Tks for your advice. Just curious, even with 2 partitions I won't be able to save it if hard disk crash rite?
Depends how "bad" the crash is. Sometimes, some section of the hard disk just get spoiled... and the others still usable.

Ic. SO you can actually access the other paritition if unaffected. Actually to view it positively, I learnt quite a bit from this hard disk crash. Of course, need to thank all the fellow-clubsnappers for being so helpful in answering my queries.

have you tried the hard disk in another computer to confirm that its crashed?

Originally posted by erwinx
have you tried the hard disk in another computer to confirm that its crashed?

Yup.. Tried it on 2 other computers at my friend's place. Can't access it at all.

:cry:

The exact same thing happened to my 60gig HD...and it was full of stuff too! Darn IBM Deskstar....

Originally posted by qhelix
The exact same thing happened to my 60gig HD...and it was full of stuff too! Darn IBM Deskstar....

Ic. SIgh.....

Your HDD crashed physcically or on software?
If on software, you may want to try recovering it using software like easy recovery pro..
I tried, and it works.
managed to get all my files back (with exception of some excel files).

It was a hardware crash. When I start up the compter the HD just makes this click click beep sound and doesnt get detected...I've given up hope on it liao...

The best solution is still: backup, backup, and backup.

Recently someone just accidentally unleashed a worm in my PC and within seconds, thousands of my JPEG files inside were destroyed and converted to JPEG.VBS with worms insides. So, you can have a dozen of disks or partitions inside your computer, but it won't do any good if you encounter a case like this.
Get a CD writer and backup important files often.

Status
Not open for further replies.