Gothic figurine :)

Soundaholic

Jan 28, 2010
Ha Noi, Vietnam, Vietnam
Sharing a few shots of my figurine ^^.After waiting for half a year for this beauty to arrive in Singapore xD

1. Front view of the whole figurine
IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Here are some shots of the small details. I don't have a macro lens so this is about as close as I can get xD

6. Bow tie
IMG_0208.jpg

7. Lovely nuclear hazard logo on the instrument
IMG_0200.jpg

8. tuning heads
IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

10. The chain is actually made up of small movable parts
IMG_0219.jpg

11. The hair ^^
IMG_0236.jpg

12. Even the headphones xD
IMG_0216.jpg

13. ...and the shoe laces
IMG_0221.jpg

14. The crack on the base
IMG_0213.jpg

15. And the spikes too, I wonder how they made this texture...
IMG_0224.jpg

its a very well made figurine! its out of the box right? not self colored or commissioned.

looks like you've nailed down most of the shots. they look good, safe and bland.

i think theres too much light, too bright for something gothic and dark. try moving the light source quite close to the figure to create a shallow light. and maybe a kicker light to add separation from the background.

(or you might wanna try shooting with a bare flash from the side? it recreates the hard strobe lights from discos/gigs etc)

Last edited:
oh I've never thought of that. I shot this with natural light from the window xD.
Maybe later tonight I'll try to do some dynamic lighting with flash from the side or sth

I was trying hard for the whole evening to play around with the lighting to get a nice shot but failed epically...but then at 5am in the morning (I couldn't sleep) I suddenly had a inspiration and got this photo :). I think it's dark and evil and really contrasts with the above photos (where I was trying to make her look pretty and adorable)
rin_kagamine__meltdown__dark_by_soundaholic_j-d2y65j3.jpg

i was wondering...since its like goth, why dont u use colored lights?? like maybe purple ??
then background maybe u can find like cemetery background... =D hahaha

just some ideas which i would try out nxt time :p