Gothic arts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiffy

Apr 9, 2004
Singapore
hi all,
i was wondering if anyone likes gothic arts. i mean not really damn gothic..but slight or moderate gothic arts :)
i like portrait pics featuring gothic people ..like black eyes-liner and nail polish? think they are cool..but i guess not many singaporean are into that nor anyone would like..it's not common here i guess.
:sweatsm:

Yeah, same sentiments here. I think they whole idea of black eye-shadow and spiky hair is very interesting, in that it is just as much a form of self-identity as would be the idea of imitating your favourite J-Pop icon, TCS star, et al.

And besides, I think, given the rarity of such uniqueness, the whole goth scene would pose quite THE photo opportunity, no?

POF

Pyre of Fyre said:
Yeah, same sentiments here. I think they whole idea of black eye-shadow and spiky hair is very interesting, in that it is just as much a form of self-identity as would be the idea of imitating your favourite J-Pop icon, TCS star, et al.

And besides, I think, given the rarity of such uniqueness, the whole goth scene would pose quite THE photo opportunity, no?

POF

yea i guess so too. well, it depends on the subject and how you want the picture to be or at least to show what you meant thru the picture.
hmm J-POP? not really..J-POP isn't that goth compared to typical UK punks and goth. or US? because japanese people(that are stars) are kind of like pretty boys and girls..to me, they won't bring out the feeling of goth as much but maybe the prettyness only. hehe~ gothic arts need somone very characterable to portrait the feeling out. :sweatsm:

Been there, done that, zemotion was a very good model :)

espn said:
Been there, done that, zemotion was a very good model :)

pardon me..i have little knowledge about gothic art.but mind telling me who is zemotion? :sweatsm:

zemotion is out inhouse very own CS member that does modelling for as what you mentioned, gothic, do a search you'll be able to see some of her shots taken by a few of CS very own inhouse photographers :)

espn said:
zemotion is out inhouse very own CS member that does modelling for as what you mentioned, gothic, do a search you'll be able to see some of her shots taken by a few of CS very own inhouse photographers :)

ahh i see..interesting :)

very very interesting....tiffy u wanna arrange for a shoot wif him/her???

Witness said:
very very interesting....tiffy u wanna arrange for a shoot wif him/her???

gothic arts has alot variety...she's probably not the kind im looking for.. i might have to BEG some of my ang moh's goth enthu to be my model if they dont mind la..

Hey Tiffy..

*hands up.. wavin*

Me me.. Goth art.. Dark art.. Should had known ah.. My nick and all.. *winks*

Gonna try semi goth urban themed fashion shoot with a friend soon.. If you're interested, we can try it together..

Think - smokey eyes, black boots look.. Semi goth..

Will try out various goth themes in the coming future.. Have to practise perfectin skills first :)

Still, would love to hear about tis idea you have..

Let me know if you have such a shoot coming up, am interested to try my hands at it again.

VampTreSS said:
Hey Tiffy..

*hands up.. wavin*

Me me.. Goth art.. Dark art.. Should had known ah.. My nick and all.. *winks*

Gonna try semi goth urban themed fashion shoot with a friend soon.. If you're interested, we can try it together..

Think - smokey eyes, black boots look.. Semi goth..

Will try out various goth themes in the coming future.. Have to practise perfectin skills first :)

Still, would love to hear about tis idea you have..

hey vamp!!!
yea yea sure hehehe..i have alot goth referrence and crazy ideas :) many we can partner up hehe :sweatsm: dark arts.. w00t!
hmm i have some themes tho..one of which..i wanna shoot someone blindfolded with goth makeups in some very wulu places holding a... hehe i can't reveal my idea out now..will probably try on my friends or myself lol...

Tiffy said:
hey vamp!!!
yea yea sure hehehe..i have alot goth referrence and crazy ideas :) many we can partner up hehe :sweatsm: dark arts.. w00t!
hmm i have some themes tho..one of which..i wanna shoot someone blindfolded with goth makeups in some very wulu places holding a... hehe i can't reveal my idea out now..will probably try on my friends or myself lol...

yeah we'd do that.. Can exchange ideas.. Will be great!

Found a few like minded ppl here.. I'd get us all together to do tis.. Would prefer a few photographers.. Not too many.. We all need to agree on the theme and feel of it.. Otherwise will be wasting everyones time and effort..

For a start, Id be doin the urban theme first.. Let me noe when u'd be free :)

VampTreSS said:
yeah we'd do that.. Can exchange ideas.. Will be great!

Found a few like minded ppl here.. I'd get us all together to do tis.. Would prefer a few photographers.. Not too many.. We all need to agree on the theme and feel of it.. Otherwise will be wasting everyones time and effort..

For a start, Id be doin the urban theme first.. Let me noe when u'd be free :)

cool! hehe im free anytime now..im still looking for a part time job for my holidays currently..
yea keep it a small group i agree dont have to be big grp...like our little india outing waaaaaa so big grp very messy somehow..in the end also break down to small grps..
can ask the old grp that went for little india trip ..see who's interested in shooting gothic pics hehe~

your <gothic> themes..isit something like those seen in <Enigma> mtvs? :think:

clive said:
your <gothic> themes..isit something like those seen in <Enigma> mtvs? :think:

enigma mtv?? no idea who is that...hur hur

I generally try to shoot in what I consider to be a gothic style...there are some on my website (under somber)

Here's a shot from a photo shoot I did: http://www.theblight.net/nlt/mel01.jpg

here's a shot of me and my girlfriend at a Rocky Horror show -- http://www.theblight.net/nlt/IMG_0665.jpg (ps: I dress like that normally, anyway. pps: true photog, camera's in right hand :D )

I've got tons more, but they're not online...

Status
Not open for further replies.