got some dusts of tiny white spots inner lense of my S602z

Status
Not open for further replies.

takkyhide

Jul 27, 2004
can i send for service?

i heard anything wrong inside the lense, the service centre can't do anything..except to change the whole thing..

anyway, my warratny expired..how much does it cost like these?

thanks in advance for all inputs! :)

alpie said:
You can clean it yourself if it is the frontglass . It is very easy to take out and clean.

http://www.pbase.com/image/26278178

i have real difficulty removing the dress/lense ring.

have to "kiao" the ring out..dun dare to go by the lense side..

how to?

what shud i use to remove dirt/marks on the lense?

lense tissue?
lense solution with cotton bud?

or just blow..

I first used alcohol to remove the dirt/grease.
Then I washed the lens with soapy water.
Dried with soft cotton pads and air blow.

Avoid rubbing the lens too much.

Good luck..

what about the inner lense? the rectangular one

i tried using my lense solution..i think it shud be alcohol..it left some colored marks on it "like oil marks"! couldn't seem to clean it completely to clear glass ;(

i kinda afraid to clean the round lense..it feel squeaky with i wipe it with cotton..like as if there is an protective layer on it..

so worry i'll screw up the lense if i use soap!~! :dunno:

I cleaned the front glass after taking it out.

I had the same colored markes after cleaning with alcohol. Washing the lens with soapy water cleaned these alcohol marks.

I didn't want to mess up with the inner lens either. It was very well sealed. Better don't touch it...

does the colored marks on the lense affect the photo quality?

you mean you actually clean the small rectangular lense with soap? or you meant the round lense? kinda confused.. :confused:

well..i'll give a try cleaning the glass though..hope everything goes well..

appreciate your help very much alpie! ;)

Hi only cleaned the round glass. That one is the outermost glass.

I didn't touch the other parts at all. I don't have enough courage to go into that unless it is really necessary. ;p I had to dismantle and put together a zoom lens of my old Olympus SLR before.. phew... what an experiment it was.. :sweat:

I really do not understand why the lens cleaning alcohol leaves these colorful marks on the lens. I had the same issue. You may try to remove them using a cotton ear swab. I don't want to say that, but you may try to dampen the cotton swab. Water seems to be the only "clean" cleaner... and be kind to the lens coating..

Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.