Got My 50D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAintOver

Sep 21, 2008
Red Little Dot
Hi fellow CSers, I just got my 50D along with a 50mm f/1.8 and a 70-200 f/4L (non IS :cry:) Anyway, what do you guys think of this combo? Can you guys recommend me a lens within $300-$500 that can take wide angle shots? And hopefully (not a must) cover the gap from ?-70. Was looking at the Sigma 17-70 although it overshoots my budget a little. What do you guys think of that lens as well?

I'm sure all of us would like to see some sample "live" shots from any of your lenses - you as our fellow CSer.

Since you have already invested on 50D why not complement with a good wide-zoom lens? Lhttp://www.clubsnap.com/forums/images/cs/smilies/sad.gif?

Congrats!Get the Tamron 17-50.Very well known for its first-class IQ.Slightly above your budget if you buy brand new from serialsnapper or anadivine at the MO section.Second hand would be cheaper at around $500.;)

I'm sure all of us would like to see some sample "live" shots from any of your lenses - you as our fellow CSer.

Since you have already invested on 50D why not complement with a good wide-zoom lens? Lhttp://www.clubsnap.com/forums/images/cs/smilies/sad.gif?

Sure will upload some as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Congrats!Get the Tamron 17-50.Very well known for its first-class IQ.Slightly above your budget if you buy brand new from serialsnapper or anadivine at the MO section.Second hand would be cheaper at around $500.;)

What about the Sigma 18-50 any comments?

Last edited:
Thanks for some help so far...... anyone else have other recommendations to make? On wide angle lenses?

Definitely Tamron's 17-50mm, if not the kit lens will do because it's quite sharp.

Tamron 17-50 is good.. highly recommended.. i gt mine @ TCW for $570. + free filter.. :D friendly sales person too. let me test a few lenses. oh ya it comes with 1yr shop warranty cos its a import set.

the 17-50 would do good around 560 would get u 1 from anadivine's MO? i dont noe whether she has any left though
but the lens IQ is V good and 2.8 does good in low lighting

hey guys, i was just wondering if how you guys know if a lens is for wide angle just by looking at how many mm is it. Can someone enlighten me? i'm sorry for asking but i just wanna know

hey guys, i was just wondering if how you guys know if a lens is for wide angle just by looking at how many mm is it. Can someone enlighten me? i'm sorry for asking but i just wanna know

< 50mm is considered wide angle lens. However factoring crop factor of say 1.5, anything below a 35mm wide angle prime will reproduce the field of view wider than a 50mm on a full frame.

Ryan

For S$300-500, it's best to get a EF-S 18-55 IS. Unless you can up your budget, then get the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8.

Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 a good buy(no regret).I saw some pictures taken by a pro using D80 with this lens and the pictures are really impressive.:)

all sold out! congrats on your 50d!

Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 a good buy(no regret).I saw some pictures taken by a pro using D80 with this lens and the pictures are really impressive.:)

Any pro worth his salt will make impressive images with any decent glass. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.