Got my 1st DSLR end up quite upset about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

berrune

Nov 28, 2007
Yishun
blogspot.com
I happily bought my 1st DSLR yesterday and today i went to vivo city to experience my 1st shoot. When i see the results of my shoots almost faint. hahaha.. sigh.. anyone able to advise me what to look out for? I practically shoot anything and everything today...

Maybe you dont know enough about photography to utilize a DSLR well. I have no idea. Your going to have to give us way more info if you want some decent advice. Post some pics too.

I happily bought my 1st DSLR yesterday and today i went to vivo city to experience my 1st shoot. When i see the results of my shoots almost faint. hahaha.. sigh.. anyone able to advise me what to look out for? I practically shoot anything and everything today...

post a few photos so that we can see wat went wrong and give advice accordingly..

hmm what do you not like about your shots?
Maybe you can post some here
Best advice is to keep shooting and you'll get better;)
taking a look at some of the pics posted in the gallery here would help too

a good starting point would be to read up about the relationships between shutter speed, aperture and ISO..

anyway, your query is quite vague, lotsa reason why when you see the results you almost faint.. too good? too blur? too sharp? too pretty? ;p

btw... what were u comparing against? ur old pictures?

sigh... just like when u upgrade ur computer... bound to need some tweaking one lar :) be patience...

a good starting point would be to read up about the relationships between shutter speed, aperture and ISO..

anyway, your query is quite vague, lotsa reason why when you see the results you almost faint.. too good? too blur? too sharp? too pretty? ;p

I read the manual book from my camera package then actually i tried to take picture at the same spot with different shuttle speed , aperture and ISO. Tried to compare but i just feel my pics quite "fake" don't have the feeling of wat i see is wat i get.

Btw how to post pictures here?

Thanks

I read the manual book from my camera package then actually i tried to take picture at the same spot with different shuttle speed , aperture and ISO. Tried to compare but i just feel my pics quite "fake" don't have the feeling of wat i see is wat i get.

Btw how to post pictures here?

Thanks

link them using tags..
Example:
[img]http://imagehostingsite/urimage.jpg[/img]

so which camera did u get ?

400D with standard kit 1

I don't know how to describe... just feel kinda strange

yepp dslr is not exactly what u see is what u get.. what u see comes directly thru the lens if viewed on the viewfinder and the colours and imagery is what ur eye decieves (pardon me if i`m wrong).. do some pp and it shld be alright i guess! :)

how to get a good picture when u dunno how to use your camera? pls read your manual and experiment with it. don't expect results so soon.

generally they're well exposed. but you might be facing 2 problems here.

- sharpness
both the photos shown lack of sharpness, either maybe due to shutter speed being too slow or focus wrongly.

- noise (maybe)
do use an iso value as low as possible under normal lighting condition.

actually there's a 1/focal length rule that you can apply to your shooting so as to keep your photos sharp. but you do not have to strictly follow it.
(example: you're shooting a wide angle scene with your kit lens, imo... i would not use anything lower than 1/30)

just to add on. some may say it's 1/1.6*focal length because of the crop factor in your 400D.

cheers ;)

Free and easy way, Go to library, photography section, read up books on basics like exposure, shutter speed etc etc. if you are lazy to go out, read here.

Status
Not open for further replies.