got bird **** on camera... how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimeow

Feb 24, 2003
Visit site
I went shooting at the night market, then suddenly heard a loud PIAK.
I was like "sh*t!!!!!!!". :eek: :eek::eek:
The bird shat on my camera.
:faint:
Got hit on the lens hood (thank GOD i used the hood), and one part of my filter.

rushed to the car, absentmindedly used dettol wipes to clean the bird poo off.
then dried it.
Came home, took the filter off and cleaned it with a lense cleaning liquid.

Question is, how long should i leave the lens filter out to dry before using it again?
How do i salvage the situation ah?

Thanks!

Why leaving filter out? Wait till it is dry, check against light if you see any damages in the coating. If not put it on and go on shooting.

Bird poo is acidic and contain a lot of bacteria. Better use vinegar to neutralise it and follow by alcohol to remove the bacteria.

Bird poo is acidic and contain a lot of bacteria. Better use vinegar to neutralise it and follow by alcohol to remove the bacteria.

safe to use the vinegar on the lens?

Acid to neutralise acid?

Acid to neutralise acid?

Yeah, full marks on chemistry :) And the lens cleaner is already a kind of alcohol.

Last edited:
safe to use the vinegar on the lens?

You don't need that. After wiping your lens with the lens cleaner what else do you expect to be there? A lens cleaner is supposed to remove whatever might be there, right? Acid could damage the coating, that's why I asked you to check against light. If the greenish or blueish reflection is even and without stains then everything's ok.

go buy 4D...immediately ...u will win top prize and then can go buy new lens.hahaha

Oh my........

I suggest using only water......

and the usual lens cleaning solution after the water dries up.

But honestly, I have no idea how to handle this.

wow... heng heng... i kenna on my watch face once before. just do wad u did and make sure its dry and continue shooting hee

okay... i used the lens cleaner... and rinsed it under water.

All drying now.

Most of the bird poo hit the lens hood so i had to disinfect that more.

Octarine> the lens looks okay. There's still the greenish reflection..
wah... heng ah!
whew

wad a baddie bird

I was just wondering... is it common for birds to poo on cameras in situations such as mine??

:think:

Did you take a photo on that bird?? ;p

Check out your camera body serial number, then choose the 1st and last 4 numbers.

Buy ibet also good!

strike liao must PM me drink kopi ok!

Good luck...

;) I hope i strike toto oso

thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.