Got back my D60

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Hey guys, dunno whether you have already forgotten me. This is Tom Shen, mahaha... No DSLR, no Tom shen...

Well, my lengendary D60 becomes a virgin again. Replaced a lot of stuff inside and now it's ready to serve me another 2 good years. :D I was hopeing it died then could get a 1D, but... no choice.

Also got back the damaged parts. The story goes like this: shutter was used tooooooooooo much till one component broke. It dropped on the main PCB chip and shortcutted it. Internal flash also could not syn. Canon has fixed all the problems for me. Guess it's one of the newest D60s cooked recently, haha.

Still busy these day, hopefully early next year will have time again for mass shooting.

LOL no wonder now more news from u.. thought u went trekking again...

how much did all those repairs cost u? sounds like an awful lot of work done to it

lavenderlilz said:
how much did all those repairs cost u? sounds like an awful lot of work done to it
Canon gave me a very friendly price due to my loyalty: 500++.

tomshen said:

wow but its still cheaper than buying a brand new DSLR ;)

Good to see you got your good'o toy back. Keep shooting! ;)

tomshen said:
The story goes like this: shutter was used tooooooooooo much till one component broke. It dropped on the main PCB chip and shortcutted it. Internal flash also could not syn...
tom tom... see lah. shoot too much, fry your camera. ;)

anyway good to see you back in action!!! shoot shoot shoot!!! :sweatsm:

The Return of The King :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

:D

Just wondering, do you have a rough estimate how many frames it had gone through before it had failed catastrophically like that?

tomshen said:

loyalty as in... many L lenses, or just a CPS member? :D

good to have you back, haven't seen you in action for long time man!

welcome back! i thought you replace your shutter once already? this is the 2nd shutter replacement? wahhh

Welcome back, Tom. :)

r32 said:
Just wondering, do you have a rough estimate how many frames it had gone through before it had failed catastrophically like that?
Should be around 55,000 if I am not wrong. Sometimes the counter skip many frames, anyway, at least 45,000.

if by frame count, i should be dead - i've at least 30+K already - last check on my hard disk, i had at least 27K photos!!! :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.