Got any photography magazines to recommend??

The Digital Photography Book, Vol 1-3, Scott Kelby.

Understanding Exposure, Bryan Peterson

(Field) Guide to <your camera model here>, tons of these around.

can i know where did u bought em from?? and how much??
cos i was browsing em thru ebay and amazon, thought i might purchase em online.

i got the Digital SLR Photography (RM 9) and Digital Camera World (RM 10) magazine just across our border, prefer reading & flipping pages than reading from the screen, so i got some magazines.

Actually most of stuff you can find already, lots of equipments release,rumors, reviews, news informations at your favourite Google search. ;)

I suggest you go browse in the bookshop and library first to determine which mag is your preferred choice. Some can be quite rubbish and focus on BBB only.

Personally, I've found Practical Photography quite nice.
(I seem to tend towards the brit mags (whatever topic), the local or yanks ones are usually the ones with the glorification of consumerism and BBB)

anybody here bought " The Digital Photography Book, Vol 1-3, Scott Kelby " ??
and if u bought it, how much did they cost?? thought of purchasing it online via ebay or amazon.

can i know where did u bought em from?? and how much??
cos i was browsing em thru ebay and amazon, thought i might purchase em online.

I bought the Asian editions from China, Xinhua bookstore. And they are a lot cheaper than in singapore. And no, they are not pirated. They are just the translated versions priced for the local chinese market.

Last edited:
I bought the Asian editions from China, Xinhua bookstore. And they are a lot cheaper than in singapore. And no, they are not pirated. They are just the translated versions priced for the local chinese market.

chinese? :sweat: my chinese quite poor :sweatsm:

I would recommend Popular Photography & Amateur Photographer. I have been reading POP photo for a number of years now & find their article very useful. You can subscribe to a digital version of Pop Photo for around 15 SGD per year on zinio (http://gb.zinio.com/).

I would recommend Popular Photography & Amateur Photographer. I have been reading POP photo for a number of years now & find their article very useful. You can subscribe to a digital version of Pop Photo for around 15 SGD per year on zinio (http://gb.zinio.com/).

will check them out. :)

thats why loh... can't imagine aperture, ISO in chinese :sweat:

Aperture is "&#20809;&#22280;".
ISO is just "ISO", but you can call it &#24863;&#20809;&#24230; also...

The one I always get confused from time to time is focus vs zoom. &#23450;&#28966; vs &#21464;&#28966;
;)

Try going through some of the galleries of various photoforums, both locally and internationally.
There is always something to learn (or learn not to do ) and appreciate.

keeps the passion and interest alive

ryan

China uses simplified characters, just like us here in SG.

if you are interested in books, the Scott Kelby's ones are quite good.

Others i recommend are:
1) Bryan Peterson - Learning to see creatively
2) Michael Freeman - The Photographer's Eye
3) Michael Freeman - Perfect Exposure

I know that (1) is available in the national library, use the online OPAC to do a search before u go and grab it. I read the 2 Michael Freeman books when I was in Taiwan. Yes, its pretty cheap (about SGD20 each) but it is in "&#32321;&#20307;&#23383;“&#12290;

Others i recommend are:

I know that (1) is available in the national library, use the online OPAC to do a search before u go and grab it. I read the 2 Michael Freeman books when I was in Taiwan. Yes, its pretty cheap (about SGD20 each) but it is in "&#32321;&#20307;&#23383;“&#12290;

can i know where and how much did u bought the photography books on Bryan Peterson??

can i know where and how much did u bought the photography books on Bryan Peterson??

Others i recommend are:

Hi xmysticalzx, it is available in the national library, as mentioned in my previous post. If you would like to buy it, there is a photography book store at level one in funan, near a money changer. Can't remember the price for the bryan peterson book, but the michael freeman book is close to 50SGD each.