Got any photography magazines to recommend??

xmysticalzx

Oct 11, 2009
Earth >> Singapore >> Central
Hi guys. Hope u guys almost have a good weekend. ;)

Just to enquire on photography magazines. Do u guys read up on magazines as well?? how about any magazines to introduce for an amateur like me. ;)
thanks butties for your time.

Hi guys. Hope u guys almost have a good weekend. ;)

Just to enquire on photography magazines. Do u guys read up on magazines as well?? how about any magazines to introduce for an amateur like me. ;)
thanks butties for your time.

What are you taking? Macro? Landscape? Travel? Streets? Portraits and models? Nature?

like maybe. beginner to DSLR-photography for me? taking good shots, ISO settings, focusing and etc stuffs. any particular stuffs i shd look into??

I suggest you go down to Borders(Wheelock Place)and take ALL of their photography magazines and take a seat and slowly read thru them:)

practical photography. Its a UK magazine.

how i define a good magazine? Lesser ads, more articles from professional photographers. :)

ahhh... ty ahbian. :)
hmmm... how about u? do u read up as well? and which?

I don't have any specific preferences, I would pop by the library and see what they have (usually Popular Photography and Practical Photography).

I think one of them (Popular Photography?) has a section in which readers submit their shots and the editors would critique on them on how show how to improve- post processing wise, cropping etc. I found this section particularly useful.

Instead of magazines, you should be picking up some books instead. Go to riceball books at parkway parade basement. Check out some of the beginner books. As well as a guide book to your specific camera model.

I suggest you go down to Borders(Wheelock Place)and take ALL of their photography magazines and take a seat and slowly read thru them:)

Sugget to read freely ?
You spread a bad influence to the young photographers :sweat:

Instead of magazines, you should be picking up some books instead. Go to riceball books at parkway parade basement. Check out some of the beginner books. As well as a guide book to your specific camera model.

Agree with DD123. Instead of magazines, which generally presume a certain level of competency, try some of the books like Scott Kelby's The Digital Photography Book series.

try Digital Camera magazine..$6.50 in sg n RM9 in MY...:)

see liao make u wanna BBB more.:bsmilie:

what kinda books do u suggest?? riceball books also has an outlet at funan??

what kinda books do u suggest?? riceball books also has an outlet at funan??

The Digital Photography Book, Vol 1-3, Scott Kelby.

Understanding Exposure, Bryan Peterson

(Field) Guide to <your camera model here>, tons of these around.