Got any photography magazines to recommend??

Hi guys. Hope u guys almost have a good weekend. ;)

Just to enquire on photography magazines. Do u guys read up on magazines as well?? how about any magazines to introduce for an amateur like me. ;)
thanks butties for your time.

wildcat

Sep 8, 2004
Bedok
Hi guys. Hope u guys almost have a good weekend. ;)

Just to enquire on photography magazines. Do u guys read up on magazines as well?? how about any magazines to introduce for an amateur like me. ;)
thanks butties for your time.
What are you taking? Macro? Landscape? Travel? Streets? Portraits and models? Nature?

cleonbus

Deregistered
Nov 18, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
like maybe. beginner to DSLR-photography for me? taking good shots, ISO settings, focusing and etc stuffs. any particular stuffs i shd look into??
I suggest you go down to Borders(Wheelock Place)and take ALL of their photography magazines and take a seat and slowly read thru them:)

sinned79

Jun 18, 2009
Singapore
www.aboutlove.sg
practical photography. Its a UK magazine.

how i define a good magazine? Lesser ads, more articles from professional photographers. :)

ahbian

May 23, 2006
ahhh... ty ahbian. :)
hmmm... how about u? do u read up as well? and which?
I don't have any specific preferences, I would pop by the library and see what they have (usually Popular Photography and Practical Photography).

I think one of them (Popular Photography?) has a section in which readers submit their shots and the editors would critique on them on how show how to improve- post processing wise, cropping etc. I found this section particularly useful.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Instead of magazines, you should be picking up some books instead. Go to riceball books at parkway parade basement. Check out some of the beginner books. As well as a guide book to your specific camera model.

jeff7id

Oct 15, 2008
I suggest you go down to Borders(Wheelock Place)and take ALL of their photography magazines and take a seat and slowly read thru them:)
Sugget to read freely ?
You spread a bad influence to the young photographers :sweat:

wildcat

Sep 8, 2004
Bedok
Instead of magazines, you should be picking up some books instead. Go to riceball books at parkway parade basement. Check out some of the beginner books. As well as a guide book to your specific camera model.
Agree with DD123. Instead of magazines, which generally presume a certain level of competency, try some of the books like Scott Kelby's The Digital Photography Book series.

jlkk76

Dec 28, 2006
Tampines
try Digital Camera magazine..$6.50 in sg n RM9 in MY...:)

see liao make u wanna BBB more.:bsmilie:

what kinda books do u suggest?? riceball books also has an outlet at funan??

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
what kinda books do u suggest?? riceball books also has an outlet at funan??
The Digital Photography Book, Vol 1-3, Scott Kelby.

Understanding Exposure, Bryan Peterson

(Field) Guide to <your camera model here>, tons of these around.

Top Bottom