Got a faulty 50mm F/1.8 leh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
There was a sparkling inside, it's like air trapped in glass and the seller play blur
say nothing wrong and it's all new somebody just bought one. Just I was thinking
about how to refuse that unit, wife's PMS came up and talk tons of nonsense
and sigh, I just paid and left.

:(

dRebelXT said:
There was a sparkling inside, it's like air trapped in glass and the seller play blur
say nothing wrong and it's all new somebody just bought one. Just I was thinking

u should reject it outright...:dunno:

hmm u tested with camera already?
cos i can't see wat you mean by sparkling in lens..
cos that wld be very lousy workmanship by canon and wont be sent out bah..
still have warranty?

just bad luck.
yeah, still got a bit of warranty but i doubt it would be of much help.
luckily i have all my lens already so won't be buying anything new. 50mm is just a dispensible thingy i bought for fun. Now putting a 25mm ET attached, I can shoot 2cm subject to fill the frame, and the head of the lens is just 10cm from the subject.

Haha looks like I have to update my guide already... under tips for negotiating/ buying

21. When meeting up with potential sellers, do NOT bring your wife/girlfriend/mistress or anyone who has no interest in photography and is likely to harass you into dealing quickly, thereby preventing you from doing a thorough inspection and test of the product.

Take my advice. Be a man, do the right thing. Tell your woman to shut up and buzz off. Tell her "How can you be so insensitive to my interests and hobbies. I'm deeply hurt by your selfishness and self-centered outlook. You disappoint me!" (Haha use their own words against them. They only seem to understand their own girl talk so throw it back) Its not your fault she got PMS. I mean we don't harass them when they go on their shopping sprees now do we? (If you're guilty serves you right then)

oh, i indirectly contributed to your book, what reward do i get? :p)

dRebelXT said:
just bad luck.
yeah, still got a bit of warranty but i doubt it would be of much help.
luckily i have all my lens already so won't be buying anything new. 50mm is just a dispensible thingy i bought for fun. Now putting a 25mm ET attached, I can shoot 2cm subject to fill the frame, and the head of the lens is just 10cm from the subject.
since there is still some warranty, is it a manufacturing fault?
bring it back and try your luck

who knows, they just might give you a 1 to 1 exchange :dunno:

Not yr wife's fault.. U should control yr own decisions and life eh!

U sure the lens is faulty? I suggest u take test shots and confirm.

What u describe is quite common in some lenses I've seen. I dunno if they are called "air bubbles" or something. Sometimes it could also be some harmless dust which gets reflected off the light. and it appears as a "sparkling spot" which u describe.

Forget abt the concept that lenses must be super clean or without dust. I once sold a mint L zoom to an interested person (apprarent a newbie) and he viewed the lens carefully and commented: "I can see some dust here and there..." I was like, Duh!

non of us shoot in clean rooms, sure got dust one....as long as the photos are not affected.

Witness and Solarii

No offence, but obviously both of you are not married yet. :D

HeWolf said:
Witness and Solarii

well, to tell your wife to buzz off might not be the thing to do, but the point where not to bring someone who might harass you to conclude the transaction quickly is very true.

dRebelXT said:

If there are any crap stuff in the lens and the original seller refuses for a refund, claim all damages from ur wife.

This is one simple reason why I'll always state what I am going to do. If u're not interested in what I'm going to do, either u meet me up later or u jolly well dun tag along and make all kinds of mumbling nonsense and distract me.

HeWolf said:
Witness and Solarii

haha i am not married and I can understand that....
sometimes they insist to tag along also cos interested but end up being troublesome... and if you say them only you kenna the 'uncaring partner' tag
tell them dun go they say they try to share hobbies or life or watever they like to say..
no win situation... UNLESS there's a shoe shop nearby lol
:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.