Gorillapod - featured in PhotoVideoI (max weight 3kg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

germ_boi

Oct 3, 2003
Sedna, Orion Stars
Visit site
Currently looking at this model,

http://www.joby.com/gp3.html

Specifications are as follows:

Capacity: Tripod mountable cameras and professional tripod heads

Max weight: 3kg

Interface:Universal 1/4-20 or 3/8-16 screw

Size:250 x 60 x 60 mm (9.8 x 2.4 x 2.4")

Weight:241g (8.5oz)

The prices is USD$49.95 and shipping provided is USD$12 for FEDEX Economy International. In total, it would be SGD 96.79 which we can safely say would be below $100 without any last minute inflation or Acts of God.

I am looking to shipping this model from the US, if response here is good, I will carry out a mass order.

Anyone interested, do indicate here. Of course, if there is no interest within 2 weeks, I will carry out the order individually. I am now in contact with people from Joby.

Cheers!

ps. this is not for profit, i will not earn a single cent, just looking to reduce costs for everyone

I am skeptical about the 3kg rating. What does it really mean? Does it mean that the pod will be abble to support up to 3kg without deforming no matter how the legs are shaped?

That is not easy to achieve unless the individual joints have very high friction, but if that is the case, then it will make shaping the legs very difficult. Without a separate tightening feature (not sure if that is even possible) I would really take the 3kg rating with a pinch of salt.

You might want to check with the manufacturer what they really mean by the 3kg rating.

I am skeptical about the 3kg rating. What does it really mean? Does it mean that the pod will be abble to support up to 3kg without deforming no matter how the legs are shaped?

That is not easy to achieve unless the individual joints have very high friction, but if that is the case, then it will make shaping the legs very difficult. Without a separate tightening feature (not sure if that is even possible) I would really take the 3kg rating with a pinch of salt.

You might want to check with the manufacturer what they really mean by the 3kg rating.

i think the 3kg might be feasible only in that position, with a short zoom, cos noticed that they had removed the quick release feature, and also the extra centre joint to maintain extra stability... but then i've not used a gorilla pod before to know its rigidness. would gladly exchange a POD for this...

Hi, just an alternative you may consider.

You may like to visit amazon.com instead as they are selling for US$39.95

vpost.com.sg has a tie-up with amazon and you can get them to ship it to Singapore.

Cheers

the one they are selling on amazon is the SLR version which is supposedly the 1kg version. The SLR-Zoom one is selling for US$49.95.

True, my total lens plus body weight is only 2.5kg as such stability shots using the gorillapod will needed only in landscape photos which are using wideangle lens. This lens are usually light. At least this is just my perception.

In any case, it will also work with my compact camera. Cheers.

Thanks!

Anyway, I did have the Joby gorillapod for the Compact Camera. I'd say that the legs are holding well and grip and linkage are pretty strong.

Juz to check, do you think you can enquire on how much the additional linkage costs as well? Am thinking of using it for macro shoot.

Cheers

you test first and let me know if it is good or not

I think you will need to add in the weight of the head as well

Hi Germ_boi,

I am sorry, but to ask, if I order through this MO, is it cheaper than I order individually from joby.com? thanks.

Suddenly this thread has sparked more interest than when it was first posted. LoL

TS, time for you to conduct a MO with the number of interested parties.

hey hey im interested!

is the MO still on? what's the reduced price gonna be like?

regards
jizeng

Hey luckily i checked back but sorry guys I am unable to conduct this due to poor demand :(

i have already individually ordered mine through joby.com, if you guys are interested, do check out from them too. i will try to post a review if i have the time when it gets sent here.

Hey luckily i checked back but sorry guys I am unable to conduct this due to poor demand :(

i have already individually ordered mine through joby.com, if you guys are interested, do check out from them too. i will try to post a review if i have the time when it gets sent here.
What's the total $ U paid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.