Gorilla Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribal.snake

Dec 7, 2006
west side!
Anyone tried using gorilla tape as gaffer?

i used it for some diy repair work at home.
suddenly tot of using it to gaffer the base of me old nikons.

eh if it aint gaffer tape then it aint gaffer tape. it prob will be as strong or stronger but the issue is the stickiness of the adhesive when you want to remove it. and whether it leaves a residue.

Gaffer tape also leaves residue if it is stuck long enough.

eh if it aint gaffer tape then it aint gaffer tape. it prob will be as strong or stronger but the issue is the stickiness of the adhesive when you want to remove it. and whether it leaves a residue.

why use tape? use wrist band or cut sock....any color or design you like.

yep, gaffer will still leave a residue if not change frequently and esp under our hot climate.

well sock or wrist band all can lah, but tape looks cleaner mah.
can't be going out to a wedding shoot with ur sock over ur lens rite...

just an idea lah, the tape is strong and the adhesive is strong. hell, cutting it also got problem. but feels really good on a fm. yep, have gaffered the base and rite side of a fm.

anyone care to share their experiences if any?

not that bad lah.. my previous cam had gaffer on it for 2years and when i removed the gaffer only the edges left residue. This was easily and quickly removed.

Gorilla glue's pretty good, so their tapes shouldn't be too far behind I think. But I won't use it to replace gaffer tape. Too strong I think, might just yank the paint off your lens/body if you try.

Status
Not open for further replies.