GoPro Hero 3 Announced

I am curious as to why GoPro so good give 2 cases (waterproof & non-water proof ? If they already give the waterproof one, why is there a need to give another non waterproof one ?).

The sound is very muffled and pretty much unusable when recorded using the waterproof case. So if you need to record the sound, you should use the non-waterproof case. Even then, it's only mono recording.

The sound is very muffled and pretty much unusable when recorded using the waterproof case. So if you need to record the sound, you should use the non-waterproof case. Even then, it's only mono recording.

OIC, thanks so much for your explanation ... so if record above land use the non-waterproof case & use the waterproof case when recording underwater.

So, can I say that the audio is bad for recording underwater ?

I stumble upon this JVC GC-XA1 action camera, it doesn't need housing/casing and claim that the audio is better since it doesn't need housing/casing:

JVC GC-XA1 ADIXXION Action Camcorder - YouTube

So, is it true ?

Thanks

phoakm said:
Still no news yet? :)

I just checked with Cathay, they say no news and not sure. Alan photo doesn't carry. Max photo new shop click! Says they wil be in by next week and they are responding to price enquiry in Facebook, maybe can get rough idea of prices from them

phoakm said:
Still no news yet? :)

We are updating the price list u can check on our thread -

For silver and white - was told by distributors it will be release this week -as for black edition -if no delay it will be in next week

Last edited:
We are updating the price list u can check on our thread -

For silver and white - was told by distributors it will be release this week -as for black edition -if no delay it will be in next week

Hey guys,
I'm flying on friday for a diving trip and I really would like to get the go pro 3 black before that trip. Is it possible or no way?
If not, I would also like to acquire a diving case for my sony nex 3 with 18mm-55mm mount. Any idea?

Regards

OIC, thanks so much for your explanation ... so if record above land use the non-waterproof case & use the waterproof case when recording underwater.

So, can I say that the audio is bad for recording underwater ?

I stumble upon this JVC GC-XA1 action camera, it doesn't need housing/casing and claim that the audio is better since it doesn't need housing/casing:

JVC GC-XA1 ADIXXION Action Camcorder - YouTube

So, is it true ?

Thanks

You can talk underwater?

does anyone know which camera dealers are already carrying this besides sgcamerastore?

JVC's got built in LCD, is waterproof without any casing and has built in wifi.
Yes that was what the youtube said also. So, is this JVC better than Hero3 considering it has a built in LCD and no need casing for waterproofing ?

Thanks

djugashvili said:
does anyone know which camera dealers are already carrying this besides sgcamerastore?

Cathay Photo. Click! Cameras. Harvey Norman.

Is Hero 3 available at any place already?

Since the Hero 3 is delayed so long, I bought the JVC GC-XA1 to play-play first. Very good value for money... >$200 cheaper.

Since the Hero 3 is delayed so long, I bought the JVC GC-XA1 to play-play first. Very good value for money... >$200 cheaper.
Bravo ... where did you buy it from ? How much you bought it for (pls PM me if not convenient to post)

possible to show us some underwater shots taken by this JVC ?

Can this JVC take both video & still photos simultaneously ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Bravo ... where did you buy it from ? How much you bought it for (pls PM me if not convenient to post)

possible to show us some underwater shots taken by this JVC ?

Can this JVC take both video & still photos simultaneously ?

Thanks
Bought it from Parisilk Holland Village for ~$370,
It cannot take both video and photo simultaneously. Would have to switch from Video to Photo mode from the Menu if you want to take still photos.