Google Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by kiwitan
Did any one notice that when you keyed in www.google.com it gets re-directed to the www.google.com.sg site instead.

What is happening ? Did some one just decided to impose censorship at the proxy server ?

In any case.... you can still go to the real site at 216.239.33.100
always use the google toolbar so never notice it... btw i think the sg site is new n just opened? b4 that i tried never got that...

Did any one notice that when you keyed in www.google.com it gets re-directed to the www.google.com.sg site instead.

What is happening ? Did some one just decided to impose censorship at the proxy server ?

I dont think its censored. Maybe singapore has many google user, thats why google set his own. Or maybe google inc, afraid their name being used in sg :D :D

So far I felt no diff between google.com and google.com.sg

That's for performance. It redirects you to the nearest google server. I suppose in Malaysia, you will get redirected to google.com.my if it exists.

Regards
CK

aiya, use : http://www.altavista.com I am using that since 1996? wow.

Originally posted by isomers007
i think this redirection only occurs rite after new yr. didnt go to google.com.sg...till yesterday...or mebbe de day b4. didnt notice de change anyway...

Nah, has been at least a month or more already. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Wow, so dated. google is a lot cooler, faster and more accurate. And even suggests corrected/different spellings.

Regards
CK

ckiang, u working for goggle is it? :D

actually I got use to altavista liao, they are the 1st search engine on world wild web. Sometime when looking for result, other search engine failed me but altavista never.

Originally posted by ninelives

actually I got use to altavista liao, they are the 1st search engine on world wild web. Sometime when looking for result, other search engine failed me but altavista never.

The first I use is webcrawler. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ninelives

hehe, me not working for google but i must say google is the best now, altavista is no longer famous. take a look at yahoo, it is using google, google rulez~ ;) accurate result, fast, simple, useful, what else to say?

mine would be "censored" :D

hahah!
actually, i think the google redirection is based on IP... probably to maximise their performance...

google must have set this site up recently...didn't see it before.

for a list of 'redirectable' sites, please see the bottom section of this page

http://www.google.com/en should take you to the actual google.com site.

Originally posted by petaflopz
mine would be "censored" :D

hahah!
actually, i think the google redirection is based on IP... probably to maximise their performance...

google must have set this site up recently...didn't see it before.

i use google too and today i just notice that i was re-directed to google.com.sg

i sometimes also use the first one that u mentioned....depends what u want to search lor...

:D

nowadays, when I search, I always use google. In fact, Opera browser has a google search built in, so I just type and click search in the browser, no need to go to google site first.

I am in Malaysia, it goes directly to google.com when I search. No google Singapore.

Originally posted by Wai

i sometimes also use the first one that u mentioned....depends what u want to search lor...

:D

so you visit "censored" security group too??? hmmm... what interests you there?? :devil: :D

I visit there because of information for my work... you?

Originally posted by Kho King
nowadays, when I search, I always use google. In fact, Opera browser has a google search built in, so I just type and click search in the browser, no need to go to google site first.

I am in Malaysia, it goes directly to google.com when I search. No google Singapore.
if u r using google toolbar it will go to google.com directly.

btw 9lives, altavista and "censored" is different thing... hehe, later one is much more interesting... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

yah, I just noticed that. Why want to make me censor the post? PLease don't mention those " kind" of url here.

Status
Not open for further replies.