Google Chrome - not a good experience

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Have you tried Google Chrome? I have.
And uninstalled it. Which led to more problems.
I think Google is so rich and powerful the IT people in the trade who really know how (lousy) it is dare not say anything. I mean Google is so powerful it took on PRC.

I find the normal Google much better and much friendlier.

Google Chrome is "faster"? Nope. I don't think so.

The creators of Google Chrome seem obsessed with you making it your default browser.
And once you do it, there is no UNDO to go back to normal Google or Yahoo or anything else. At least I never found it.
Could it be the KPI of the Google Chrome people is linked to the user installed base? And hence their bonus pay?

I used Revo Uninstaller to remove it. And did a scan after uninstall and deleted the stuff.

Then - endless problems. Cannot even do system Restore with Windows. Everytime I clicked with the mouse, the PC says, "you cannot change the icon of an exe file". When it was supposed to execute that particular software/program.

Seems like Google Chrome is not happy if you uninstall it.
Had to do big time rescue. Maybe it is my fault. I don't know. The whole experience is not a good one. Not user friendly. No easy Undo.
Acronis11 saved my a*s again. Lucky did full backup recently. Whew! so glad I bought this software. Restored the whole drive C at 2am in the morning.

Last edited:
Yes, tried Chrome. No benchmark. As a home user, it definitely loads webpages faster than IE and FireFox.

For forums, I always use Chrome as it can render forum codes faster and load faster. Others also faster but forums are significantly faster on Chrome. :thumbsup:

Curious, how long have you run Chrome before you think it is not faster?

Curious, how long have you run Chrome before you think it is not faster?

Very short.
I don't stop-watch the thing.
To me the "faster" includes the user friendliness of whole package. Meaning faster for me the user to click on the (normal) Google toolbar that I am used to and go find some url.

Obviously you have not used Chrome long enough nor are you familiar with changing of settings.

*hint*
If you want to IE 8 to become you default browser,
go to -> Tools> Internet options> Program tab, select "Make Default" button

Similarily, if you want to make Chrome your preferred browser, there is an option for it as well.

I'm been using Chrome since day one and although it isn't a problem free browser, it is way friendier than IE :)

just my 2cts

i have been using Chrome for almost a year, not much complaint, yes it is not perfect, but it really load pages faster, at least for those sites that i normally surf, and for the interface, i love it leh... cause it is so simple and easy to use for me.

Very short.
I don't stop-watch the thing.
To me the "faster" includes the user friendliness of whole package. Meaning faster for me the user to click on the (normal) Google toolbar that I am used to and go find some url.

oh ya, and to search things on google, you do not need the google toolbar, the address bar is the "Google toolbar", simply type the keywords in the address bar and press enter, so simple! :D:D

oh ya, and to search things on google, you do not need the google toolbar, the address bar is the "Google toolbar", simply type the keywords in the address bar and press enter, so simple! :D:D

I like this address bar that doubles up as google search :thumbsup:

eh by the way, recently i encountered some problem with Chrome.

sometimes when i play youtube videos, it fails to load and show "An error occurred, please try again later". but the same video(s) can be played in IE without any problems.

is it just me?

Tried sometime ago, seem quite heavy browser, eat up a lot of memory too.
Now using K-Meleon, very light and fast browser, using it for a year now, still very happy with the performance :thumbsup:

Have you tried Google Chrome? I have.
And uninstalled it. Which led to more problems.
I think Google is so rich and powerful the IT people in the trade who really know how (lousy) it is dare not say anything. I mean Google is so powerful it took on PRC.

I find the normal Google much better and much friendlier.

Google Chrome is "faster"? Nope. I don't think so.

The creators of Google Chrome seem obsessed with you making it your default browser.
And once you do it, there is no UNDO to go back to normal Google or Yahoo or anything else. At least I never found it.
Could it be the KPI of the Google Chrome people is linked to the user installed base? And hence their bonus pay?

I used Revo Uninstaller to remove it. And did a scan after uninstall and deleted the stuff.

Then - endless problems. Cannot even do system Restore with Windows. Everytime I clicked with the mouse, the PC says, "you cannot change the icon of an exe file". When it was supposed to execute that particular software/program.

Had to do big time rescue. Maybe it is my fault. I don't know. The whole experience is not a good one. Not user friendly. No easy Undo.
Acronis11 saved my a*s again. Lucky did full backup recently. Whew! so glad I bought this software. Restored the whole drive C at 2am in the morning.

What is the "normal google"? what do you mean by undo to go back to normal google or yahoo?

you are comparing a browser with a ... "normal google or yahoo". You really need to clarify what you are talking about.

eh by the way, recently i encountered some problem with Chrome.

sometimes when i play youtube videos, it fails to load and show "An error occurred, please try again later". but the same video(s) can be played in IE without any problems.

is it just me?

I can play YouTube videos. No problem. But sometimes for embedded video, I cannot fast-forward. Embedded video is those video that are embedded in post inside forums using the [youtube] tag

I dont like clutter so thats why I dont like stuff like those browser toolbars. I have stuck to IE for the simple fact that its a simple, clean and familar interface. No frills yet with enough features. I still enter all the websites I frequently visit individually into the address bar...

I like Chrome's management of tabs too. For example, click on the title of the tab, drag it out of the browser onto the desktop, see what happen.

It appears to be user's fault than Chrome's.

Because Chrome has nothing to do with anything that you've described in your statement.

Tried google chrome, uninstalled it cos I still prefer firefox, as you can add loads of add-ons to the firefox. If you do not want to mess up your windows, you can always use portable chrome, it is the full version of chrome but without the need to install it, meaning putting it in a thumbdrive and plugging it into other laptops or pc will run too.

Here is a link to it
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

Tried sometime ago, seem quite heavy browser, eat up a lot of memory too.
Now using K-Meleon, very light and fast browser, using it for a year now, still very happy with the performance :thumbsup:

That's because Chrome (and now IE8) run multiple processes instead of threads. It uses a bit more memory (and context switching is slower etc) but you get much better memory protection.