Google Chrome Beta released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilmerlin

Jul 26, 2002
Woodlands
Google Chrome Beta is out!

http://www.google.com/chrome

One problem so far is that it doesn't seem to like any mouse software running in the background and stops you from scrolling up with the mouse wheel or mouse pad. Disabling it would restore functionality to your mouse wheel but for touch pad users, it disables the entire touch pad as well.

Upside? Its fast...damn fast and the interface is very clean.

using it right now too. no problems leh...

btw, is it secured enough to perform internet banking?

The mouse problem seems to hit quite a few users and google is looking into it.

I'm not sure about the security thing but it uses SSL if its any help.

Interesting. Looks like I've been way out of touch with new tech. Didn't even realize google was coming out with their own browser. :embrass:

So to those who've tried it, how is it so far? Is it any faster? How about memory usage?

Interesting. Looks like I've been way out of touch with new tech. Didn't even realize google was coming out with their own browser. :embrass:

So to those who've tried it, how is it so far? Is it any faster? How about memory usage?

It's ok. Tech moves so fast that we all are out of touch in a few days :)

It is faster, cleaner. Memory usage is also fine. But it still doesn't play well with some websites. I myself encountered a few issues with facebook.

I'm still sticking with FF for my regular browsing but may come back to Chrome to play with it once in a while. I need my extensions :heart:

the Java Applet used on most banking sites doesn't work with Chrome. will have to depend on FF to perform Internet Banking.

installed ... but totally cannot work with all the online banking sites :dunno:

You need to update Java to the latest version. That's what I've read so far about that issue.

Something not right in CS....when I first use it...it treated me as someone new which is fine...when you first use a browser for the first time and the login script does not work but I am missing the sign-in portion of CS in the forum. Also the pull down menu for search, thread tool...etc did not work for a while. But over time it does or I have to get around it by just click here and there to make it work. Anyone has that problem initially in CS? Seem fine now... no Mouse issue with my wired and wireless mouse.

It feels snappier then FF and definitely better then IE7.

Installed....first impression....really fast....Google guys really know how to code a software.....hopefully they will come out a free OS soon.....Microsoft should be very afraid :thumbsup:

You should read their technical comic: http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/. It really is technically superior to firefox.

Do you seriously judge technical superiority by a PR comic?

That all the hype doesn't automatically translate into a superior product is shown by the first vulnerabillty that crashes the browser (the entire browser, not only one tab, despite what the comic claims) discovered in less than a day (amittedly it is beta software). Not to mention privacy issues - if first reports are to be believed, chrome seems to "talk home" to google a lot ...

Edit: there's also a first demonstration that Java can break out of the process jail and access files, install malware, etc. on the computer without the user noticing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.