Goodbye to Leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.
taken from channel news asia :

Distraught fans of Hong Kong pop star and actor, Leslie Cheung, have yet to accept his untimely death.

The 46-year-old flamboyant entertainer was believed to have committed suicide over a failed relationship.

As news of entertainer Leslie Cheung's sudden death spread across a shocked Hong Kong, local radio stations played his hit songs, and in the media, the tributes flowed.

It was almost reminiscent of another tragic day at Queen Mary Hospital barely six months ago, when another HK icon passed away.

And now, as then, fans paid their respects, and shared their feelings online.

"It's because of Leslie that I moved here from Japan. I can't believe he's now dead," said one fan.

"He grew up with me, as far back as primary school. I really miss him," said another fan.

Hong Kong police say Leslie Cheung jumped from the 24th floor of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel on Tuesday evening.

He was certified dead in hospital.

Police say they found nothing suspicious about the case.

In fact it has been reported that there was even a suicide note, in which the star allegedly claimed that he was having emotional problems.

Cheung first achieved success as a canto-pop singer and is perhaps best known for his 1981 album "The Wind Blows On."

His popularity throughout Asia quickly led to film roles -- some of the highly aclaimed ones include John Woo's "A Better Tomorrow" and "Farewell My Concubine" which won widespread critical acclaim.

But it was his openly gay characters that became his trademark in his later years.

He came out about his own sexuality after playing one of his most famous roles in the 1997 Wong Kar Wai movie, "Happy Together."

Like the movie, there appears no happy ending here either.

Originally posted by ninelives
any fans of Leslie here? anyone cried?

His death was by Choice...... No sympathies.. None at all!!! And over a relationship????

right or wrong aside.....
imo...he is a talent to the industry, was a fan during e early 90s.

i dont think he needed our sympathy. cos we hv not a single clue wat he went thru.

entertainment media spice things so tt pple can feed them.

let e Legend rest...... in peace.
:heart:

No sympathies from me either. It's a cowardly act. Terminally ill patients in hospitals are struggling to survive, and he just took his own life! No doubts I have no idea what the "shit" he went through to make that dramatic move, but life is just too precious. And for GOD sake, who's going to pay for the damaged railings?
I hope he pledged to donate his organs before the jump, to compensate back to the public his in-considerate act. Loser!

Let him rest in peace.. and let thoses living clear up the bloodly mess he created? :(

Just heard from my sis that 6 of his fans also took their own life as well.........

Just some thoughts, do those people who ever attempted to commit suicide ever think of the reprecussions that it may have on their friends and family?

My heart went out to all the HK celebrities when they sobbed on TV. God, they must be devastated right now...

perhaps the price he pays for being a celebrity - to cope with emptiness and stress ?

whether or not it was a cowardly act, my heart goes out to him as he must have felt very SAD and very ALONE ...:(

Originally posted by e_liau
No sympathies from me either. It's a cowardly act.

committed suicide is cowardly ? u tot ending one life is very easy?

sometime one got no choice but to end his own life. Like infected by certain uncurable disease.

There were few cases where patient want their doctor to end thier life coz sometime it is better to end it than to suffer.

sometime one got no choice but to end his own life. Like infected by certain uncurable disease.

There were few cases where patient want their doctor to end thier life coz sometime it is better to end it than to suffer.

ending one's life would prob not be easy but i think it would still be easier than for them to face their problems and overcome them.

Originally posted by weg
ending one's life would prob not be easy but i think it would still be easier than for them to face their problems and overcome them.

Brilliantly said..... and i think your signature message says it all!!!! :thumbsup:

Courage to take own life, but no courage to face another day? Give me a break, pal. :(

Courage to take own life, but no courage to face another day? Give me a break, pal. :(

looks like it may not be a question of courage to face another day. Courage is often fuelled by a goal. In this case, it seems like he may have lost HOPE in living his life...hence he is more motivated to end it than to live it. :cry:

No offense to anyone here, but i think none of us have a right to even express an opinion on Leslie's suicide unless you've experienced depression before.

Depression is a potentially deadly illness.
It's as bad as being brain dead.
Someone suffering from depression loses all hopes in life, to him life is nothing at all. You can tell him a thousand times how precious life is but to him, life always sucks.
It's a sickness that can be suppressed by medication but in the long term, it doesn't cure the person.

A person without hope has nothing to look forward to in life. Life is meaningless to them. And to them, suicide is the only way to release themself from it all. It's not about the courage to live on and face whatever problems they have. But rather the desire to do so has evaporated.

Perhaps it's a little harsh to say we despise those who committed suicide. After all what we see is a different perception from what they'r going through. We can never feel the pain in their heart, the devastation of waking up without a direction everyday.

let's just be understanding and hope that he rests in peace.
Maybe he find serenity in another world.

Originally posted by nutz
No offense to anyone here, but i think none of us have a right to even express an opinion on Leslie's suicide unless you've experienced depression before.

I have........ can PM me for details if you want.....

do you know wat pain is? have you even seen someone in the face the he hurt so much that doctor can't do a damn about it?

maybe one day you are infected by certain illness and no one can do anything. you will know how it feel.

I know how it feel. Coz my mother experienced that before, she getting weaker and weaker each day and the doctor confirmed that they can't do anything. My mother told my brother it is ok if she "just go".

sometime in life we got no choice. like wat we see in the movie. who say movie is 'bullshit'? a lot of movies are based on real life situation.

Originally posted by weg

why would u want to face another day when you know another day is a painful day?

I know how it feel. Coz my mother experienced that before, she getting weaker and weaker each day and the doctor confirmed that they can't do anything. My mother told my brother it is ok if she "just go".

sometime in life we got no choice. like wat we see in the movie. who say movie is 'bullshit'? a lot of movies are based on real life situation.

why would u want to face another day when you know another day is a painful day?

You said the doctor says that he can't do anything........ so yeah basically it's not by CHOICE. Mr Cheung HAD a CHOICE to live but didn't.... that is the difference......

nutZ

Well said!

There goes a star... a great singer/actor indeed... :(

"Heng...heng xu seng, zhoy wai wo song wan luen....
leh wai wo, zu yap fai lor qiong din...."

Not for those who knows nothing about Leslie.

R.I.P.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.