Goodbye PBase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qhelix

Notice they've finally implemented a payment system. Anyone here can recommend a good alternative to pbase?

Originally posted by qhelix
Notice they've finally implemented a payment system. Anyone here can recommend a good alternative to pbase?

ClubSnap! :p

I for one support Pbase's action. Hosting a site with that much bandwidth and space is no mean feat. Talk about the cost! If PBase users are really sincere in keeping their photos, they SHOULD contribute in some way to the running cost. There's no free lunch in this world. ;)

Originally posted by camerakit
I for one support Pbase's action. Hosting a site with that much bandwidth and space is no mean feat. Talk about the cost! If PBase users are really sincere in keeping their photos, they SHOULD contribute in some way to the running cost. There's no free lunch in this world. ;)

Furthermore, it is not so expensive, only USD 23 per year for 100 mb of space. And it is quite a well known site! (USD 23 ~ S$40 per year, S$3.33' per month!):angel: I know that clubsnap also provides the same service but for the limited number of members only. :cry:

Of course I'm not complaining about what PBase did, it's just that I'd like to find another FREE website to host my pictures taken and stuff. I admit I'm a little stingy when it comes to these kinda things, but I'm still a student afterall...

Originally posted by 007
I know that clubsnap also provides the same service but for the limited number of members only.
Hi 007,(Mr Bond?) :p ... actually, we will be opening up the webspace scheme again ... previous it was limited because of resource constraint but now we will be offering it on a regular basis. Watch for the announcement or get in touch with me via PM if you are keen.

Originally posted by Darren
Hi 007,(Mr Bond?) :p ... actually, we will be opening up the webspace scheme again ... previous it was limited because of resource constraint but now we will be offering it on a regular basis. Watch for the announcement or get in touch with me via PM if you are keen.

Well, there is no rush. Since there is not any reason that I need a webspace urgently, I think I will pass this time. Thanks for your kind offer.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.