Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Dec 17, 2002
Tampines
Visit site
:cry: :cry:
As the enlistment date (1st April) draws nearer and nearer,
the trepidation and the kan cheong spider in Wryer..
Gets bigger and bigger.. :bsmilie:

Heh..looks like im gonna leave Clubsnap for a while as i will be having the noble and great task of learning how to protect my soil!! :devil: :p Yada yada.

Seen quite a lot of little tiffs here and there in CS for the past week or so. Hope it dies down the next time i log in.. Cool it guys. ;)

Hai...a little nervy about my entry. Afraid that my physical fitness may not make the cut (as i have whined in the irc since last week :bsmilie: , in case you guys don't know, im l0c0). Would a 11min+ runner at 2.4 and a 3-pullup pathetic wuss make it in BMT? :cry:

Hee..forgive my rant, need a outlet to vent as there is no one in my family who has gone through it recently...

any advices for this poor kid? :bsmilie:

Thanks dudes, gonna miss the forum.

Regards

don't worry, you'll survive in there.
and you'll have time to surf clubsnap on weekends, it's not as if you'll be trapped in camp for the next 2 and a half years.

yes, running and chin ups are important. you'll improve. i couldn't believe it myself when i passed my bmt in tekong too...

BMT in tekong is more or less a holiday training camp. Behave yourself, obey orders and it will be over in a jiffy :cool:

dont worry about your physical "weakness". those "kind" and "gentle" sergeants can help you train up. :D who knows, you could be well on your way to 8 mins at 2.4km and 12 pull-ups... :p
wish you all the best at BMT! ;)

wah ... so fast ... mine also coming .... hey is it all Pes will enlist at the same time? or Pes A, B, Bp first, followed by the rest ???????

West_ray said:
wah ... so fast ... mine also coming .... hey is it all Pes will enlist at the same time? or Pes A, B, Bp first, followed by the rest ???????

depends on which batch you posted to...

during my time:
December - PTP, BP
Jan - A, B Enhanced BMT
Feb - PTP
Mar - A, B Enhanced BMT

Wryer said:

Heh..looks like im gonna leave Clubsnap for a while as i will be having the noble and great task of learning how to protect my soil!! :devil: :p Yada yada.

Seen quite a lot of little tiffs here and there in CS for the past week or so. Hope it dies down the next time i log in.. Cool it guys. ;)

Hai...a little nervy about my entry. Afraid that my physical fitness may not make the cut (as i have whined in the irc since last week :bsmilie: , in case you guys don't know, im l0c0). Would a 11min+ runner at 2.4 and a 3-pullup pathetic wuss make it in BMT? :cry:

Hee..forgive my rant, need a outlet to vent as there is no one in my family who has gone through it recently...

any advices for this poor kid?

Regards

awww man, i just left the army ... such nostalgic feelings .. i remember my enlistment, traumatic and definitely scary. But u know what we all came out fine ( at least most my my friends did ) and even better then when we went in . U'll make friends fast seeing that u are a CSer. Treasure your time in the army .. cos tis the only time u can go "auto pilot" without a care in the world ( everything provided ) U will also learn to suck thumb cos nothing it every fair in the army .. its really how you make best use of your 2 and a half years there.. ;p

Be the best u can be , have pride ( cos it will wear out as soon as u finish your training ). When u think its the darkest time in your life, when everything seems IMPOSSIBLE.. remember this.

Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things.
--Frank A. Clark

KNIGHT ONG said:
APRIL FOOL day enlistment date ... :devil:
yah man, of all days.

'Chao recruits! Happy April fools' day! Acerly you all start on next monday one!' :sweat:

Haha..any cases of ppl improving drastically to make it for IPPT? Heard of a lot of such cases elsewhere, any eg from CS-ers? :D

Haik!

some people go in bmt can't even do 1 pullup.

glad you can do 3.
you'll get to 12 by the end of BMT

me negative example.... me OOC, downgraded just one month before POP. :rolleyes:

Wryer said:

any advices for this poor kid? :bsmilie:

Regards

keep a low profile. good for ya. and good luck. everything sergeant say, answer "yes sir"///and F U sir at the back of ur mind.

sequitur said:
some people go in bmt can't even do 1 pullup.

glad you can do 3.
you'll get to 12 by the end of BMT

thanks for the encouragement dude! I really hope i can do that many (dun think so lah!) with 6 (which is the min) i'll be happy!

Regards

Wryer said:
:cry:

Regards

Don't know why I need to answer this thread. But, 12 years ago, a young cigarette smokin, beer guzling, never-in-his-life run more than 200m, do 1 chin-up, Long hair(shoulder length) Ah Beng join the army. Did a 16 mins 2.4km record in his camp! BUt he survived, strived extra hard, did extra Physical training and at the end of his NS days, he ORDed, wearing a red beret.

What I want to say is think positive, forget about the life you have now and in the past, strive to be the best in whatever SH*T that is thrown to you. YOU WILL SURVIVED! Just like all the CS guys here!

Congratulations! You will be a man soon.

maxkcyeo said:
Don't know why I need to answer this thread. But, 12 years ago, a young cigarette smokin, beer guzling, never-in-his-life run more than 200m, do 1 chin-up, Long hair(shoulder length) Ah Beng join the army. Did a 16 mins 2.4km record in his camp! BUt he survived, strived extra hard, did extra Physical training and at the end of his NS days, he ORDed, wearing a red beret.

What I want to say is think positive, forget about the life you have now and in the past, strive to be the best in whatever SH*T that is thrown to you. YOU WILL SURVIVED! Just like all the CS guys here!

OOOOo....a macho advice! Got my andrenaline pumping. ;p Really hope i can adapt well and do well in whatever i do.

Mervlam, what happened? Got into a serious injury? How did the rest of your NS life proceed after you OOC?

Guys,i just did a check. 9th April is Good Friday, which is a public holidays, does that mean i can book out on 8th April night?even though i considered to be still in confinement week?

Thanks!

Wryer said:
yah man, of all days.

'Chao recruits! Happy April fools' day! Acerly you all start on next monday one!' :sweat:

Haha..any cases of ppl improving drastically to make it for IPPT? Heard of a lot of such cases elsewhere, any eg from CS-ers? :D

Haik!

LOL :bsmilie: Anyway, there's a wise old saying which goes like this...
"If you can walk, the army will make u run... If you can run, the army will make you fly..."
Dun worry too much... make sure you dun allow yourself to rot during this 2.5 yrs... experiences (whether good or bad) during NS will be useful later in your life...
All the Best! And take care... :angel:

maxkcyeo said:

Thanks goodness, I ran below 9min, and they posted me to be CQMS ... so sad no challenge .. :(

But then hor, envy by a lots of my friends .. :D

whatever you do, REFUSE a desk job. you'll be bored to death. volunteer for the extreme vocation. your uncle here never exercise in his life before going in, I ended up in the Combat Engineers and Armour, I LOVE IT! Regret I didn't get to do Airborne. I'd even volunteer for Rangers if I could.

You'll definitely come out a man, if you seize the chance. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.