good video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyle

Oct 16, 2005
macpherson road
www.zyle.eyefetch.com
hi guys,

i'm planning to build another cpu next week mainly for 3d rendering and photoshop.. but i'm having problem which video card should i get.. the shop owners at funan was telling me about the quadro but they're not sure on compatiblity issues on 3ds max 8.. any recommendations on which video card should i get?

will be using this workstation for photo editing too though that shouldn't be a problem.. only problem is the compatibility issues in 3ds max.. coz i can't find any checklist on the compatibility..

thanks in advance..

zyle

hi guys,

i'm planning to build another cpu next week mainly for 3d rendering and photoshop.. but i'm having problem which video card should i get.. the shop owners at funan was telling me about the quadro but they're not sure on compatiblity issues on 3ds max 8.. any recommendations on which video card should i get?

will be using this workstation for photo editing too though that shouldn't be a problem.. only problem is the compatibility issues in 3ds max.. coz i can't find any checklist on the compatibility..

thanks in advance..

zyle

quadro have no issue w max8 ..u can get the maxextreme driver for 3dmax on the website.im using it and loving it...:devil:

quad opteron64,4gb ddr2,quadro card,tyan motherbrd.230gb disk:lovegrin:,if ur using vray or mental ray ull going to love this set up kekekeke

The videocardis to produce the images that you seeon the monitor live. Its the processor that does all the rendering work for the final image and not the videocard.

The videocardis to produce the images that you seeon the monitor live. Its the processor that does all the rendering work for the final image and not the videocard.

erm... dun think that's true... graphics card does help in rendering...

any quadro or firegl card will enhance your 3d studio max performance... but they dun play games well, many 3D games dun support quadro or firegl cards... just a note if you are planning on playing games too.. hehe

:thumbsd: :thumbsd: ur very wrong

videos cards have processors too.
they do all the video stuff like geomatries n physics i think if i not wrong.

When I say final rendering I mean the FINAL image that you want to produce and save. The video card of course increases the performances when using the software but the final image that is to be rendered for your publication or whatever is calculated by the CPU.

When I say final rendering I mean the FINAL image that you want to produce and save. The video card of course increases the performances when using the software but the final image that is to be rendered for your publication or whatever is calculated by the CPU.
ur wrong again,been using 3dmax for 8 yrs.its not just ur cpu,once u got millions of polygons to calaculate video card and the ram are major factor:devil:pple dont just spend thousands of dollars on a video card just for nothing

ur wrong again,been using 3dmax for 8 yrs.its not just ur cpu,once u got millions of polygons to calaculate video card and the ram are major factor:devil:pple dont just spend thousands of dollars on a video card just for nothing

lol..ya...this oso apply to video editing...

Then tell me why do they always benchmark CPUs using 3D rendering software. And GPUs against live 3D rendering programes like 3D games?? I do not say that the video card is unimportant when using 3D software. It enables faster rendering of your work while you execute your creativity. I am saying that the product that you produce when you press the final rendering button is calculated by the CPU itself. The GPU has no inclination to calculate the final image. It only renders images that need to be produced onto your monitor on-demand from raw data.

Then tell me why do they always benchmark CPUs using 3D rendering software. And GPUs against live 3D rendering programes like 3D games?? I do not say that the video card is unimportant when using 3D software. It enables faster rendering of your work while you execute your creativity. I am saying that the product that you produce when you press the final rendering button is calculated by the CPU itself. The GPU has no inclination to calculate the final image. It only renders images that need to be produced onto your monitor on-demand from raw data.
hahaaha u never quit...dude!the thread starter is asking for videocard for 3dmax.now ur comparing &talking abt live 3d rendering programs --games!dunno if youve notice there are video cards that r designed for tat whereas quadro are for 3d software eg 3dmax,maya softimage.etc if ur still dont understand theres only one way to find out.:lovegrin:

Ok then. All I can further say is that there should be no video card that would have issues with 3ds max unless the program booklet explicity says so. Any problems encountered would be driver compatibility issues. Thus look out for the latest drivers either from the video card maker or driver fixes from 3ds max or tech forums that solves such issues if any. So buy the best you can afford since video cards are released very fast. Sorry for going OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.