Good Tripod Recommendations

LinMingXuan

Oct 9, 2011
Hi All,

I recently am finding a good tripod, I will use this tripod for outdoor portraits/ studio photography... Any recommendations? My budget is $100-180. I don't mind exceeding a little... (Not over 200)

Thanks!

Hello Rashkae Kor Kor,

thanks for links, but please be nice to small boi boi, he is only 13 years old only (if he don't lie about his age). :)

I restore this thread btw.

Hello Rashkae Kor Kor,

thanks for links, but please be nice to small boi boi, he is only 13 years old only (if he don't lie about his age). :)

Even in his previous thread he was told to search...

Even in his previous thread he was told to search...
Ok........
if you have kids, you should know how many time you have to repeat the same old things to them.........EVERYDAY......... lol

anyway, I assume adults members don't behave the same way as kids do, so less leeway for them. :)

anyway, I assume adults members don't behave the same way as kids do, so less leeway for them. :)

LOL I think we see the opposite here. :bsmilie:

Rashkae said:

Haha need time to learn, when I first join I also kena blasted for asking which tripod is good :bsmilie:

To TS, check out sirui at TK Foto, definitely will have one that fits your budget.

wah nowadays 13 year old are thinking of buying tripods haha. Last time I still thought of buying power ranger toys LOL>

BTW, TS, Here are some of the brands to consider with your budget and where you can get them.

Sirui - TK Foto
Fotopro - Artworkfoto
Jusino - Red Dot Photo

Personally, I use and recommend Sirui. Look at the R2004 or the T1004x

wah nowadays 13 year old are thinking of buying tripods haha. Last time I still thought of buying power ranger toys LOL>

Yea man.. when I was 13, i was thinking about power rangers.. the first ever series of power rangers.. best..

My time... to find the best stone for use in Kekele

what's Kelele?

Anyway, TS, if it's of any help, I bought a Sirui R2404 with G20 BH recently. Pretty sturdy and legs not very thin. Height is quite decent, though I must say it's quite heavy. Can head down to TK Foto and look for Uncle Philip. He's the tall guy..

And we all know, if we don't already know, Rashkae is the "spare the rod and spoil the child" guy.. :bsmilie:

Haha need time to learn, when I first join I also kena blasted for asking which tripod is good :bsmilie:

To TS, check out sirui at TK Foto, definitely will have one that fits your budget.

I think most people would have been blasted for asking one question or the other la.. some kena more because they take longer to learn the rules around here.. LOL

go for the best u can afford in tripods ..... otherwise i suggest scoping around the 2nd hand Buy and Sell section for a used hefty non-carbon tripod and head combo

I think it's ok to start young if one already knows what one likes :)

Thanks everyone for the recommendations :), well although I'm 13, i do save up myself to buy my camera gear... (Except for the actual camera), so I guess I've been thinking about buying a decent tripod since 11 or something :p

wa good good start young... can't imagine myself saving up when I was 13 to buy something 100+, me pocket money just a bit more to cover my recess and maybe lunch... mmm power mixed veg rice for $1.20 then!

erm... if you are studious can take a look at this sticky on tripods: ;)
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/others/384016-basic-guidelines-selection-tripod-tripod-head.html
I read it and learnt a lot on the features/terminology to look out for

BTW, TS, Here are some of the brands to consider with your budget and where you can get them.

Sirui - TK Foto
Fotopro - Artworkfoto
Jusino - Red Dot Photo

Personally, I use and recommend Sirui. Look at the R2004 or the T1004x

checkout link to 'scapes' and buy sirui tripod to get the same quality of images!
haha just joking la you need much more than that ;p

agree with recommendations, just note that R2004 is quite heavy at 1.7kg, try it out at TK Foto see if you can imaging yourself lugging it around. It you feel lazy to bring out tripod you will not bring it out! T1004X is much more compact when folded, but max height is much less, good for overseas travelling
Or you can consider getting the R1004 (some would recommend upgrading the head to G20). Good for the price! With my limited experience, think S'pore don't have big gusts of winds so still sturdy enough here heh...
Checkout TK Foto's websites to see the specifications of the different Sirui tripods (don't think I can link to their website from here, though you see link from this page: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/tk-foto-forum/1049611-tk-foto.html)

Last edited: