good tourist spots in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
I plan to visit Singapore with my wife and stay there for a few days. Would like to know what places would you recommend me (and my wife) to go in Singapore? Not meant for photography but just tourist hot spots. Shopping is ok, but other than that? Any attractive spots in Singapore which is a must visit?

Go little india, china town, pulau u-bin? sentosa? sounds great for u?

Kho King said:
I plan to visit Singapore with my wife and stay there for a few days. Would like to know what places would you recommend me (and my wife) to go in Singapore? Not meant for photography but just tourist hot spots. Shopping is ok, but other than that? Any attractive spots in Singapore which is a must visit?

As mentioned by GENO, you might wanna pick up a tourist guide from the airport. That should be sufficient for your trip here. :)

Go to any hdb heartland . Lots of llalong and then

BUY BUY BUY

Drudkh said:
As mentioned by GENO, you might wanna pick up a tourist guide from the airport. That should be sufficient for your trip here. :)

I will most probably be driving in from Johor (I am a Malaysian staying just accross the border), so can't get the guide from the airport...that's why seeking for advice here.

Anymore suggestion? Pulau Ubin, anything interesting there? :)

Kho King said:
I will most probably be driving in from Johor (I am a Malaysian staying just accross the border), so can't get the guide from the airport...that's why seeking for advice here.

yeah.. was fun there... was there just last sunday.. walk around the island.. looking at the slow life..... cool sea....great....

I think u should try to make a trip down there to check it out...no city life for once! can park yr car at changi village, take a boat over there...enjoy the food at changi village too ..good!
:thumbsup:

Pulau Ubin is more or less very kampong like, more for scenery. I would think that Zoo, Sentosa, Bird Park, Chinatown, Orchard Road, Little India to be better tourist attraction. You might wanna check out the flea market on weekends just beside Sim Lim Tower.

Drudkh said:
Pulau Ubin is more or less very kampong like, more for scenery. I would think that Zoo, Sentosa, Bird Park, Chinatown, Orchard Road, Little India to be better tourist attraction. You might wanna check out the flea market on weekends just beside Sim Lim Tower.

bring some flea home with u?
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

My suggestions:

- Start the day off with the Singapore Botanic Gardens taking a tour of the Orchid Gardens and the new Cool House (only one of its kind in the world).
- Then take a taxi to Suntec City to take in lunch and see the fountain of Wealth. The world's largest fountain. (Take an optional duck tour of the Singapore river)
- Walk through the Citylink mall and emerge at the Esplande taking in the unique architecture and get a good view of the Singapore skyline from the roof.
- Walk across esplanade bridge to the Merlion Park to visit the Merlion, Singapore's tourism icon/mascot.
- Take the underground passage to Fullerton hotel, Singapore's former post office, converted to a five-star hotel. Take in a delightful chocolate fondue buffet for tea.
- Head outside and look at Ju Ming's statues and then you are right in the heart of the Central Business District and round the corner from the Singapore River.
- Take a Taxi to the Singapore Night Safari (the only of its kind in the World) get a bite to eat there before taking in the show and trying some of the night walks. The fishing Cat trail is not to be missed.
- Take a taxi to Newton Hawker center for some local food and seafood supper, Singapore style.

Tzuen said:
My suggestions:

- Start the day off with the Singapore Botanic Gardens taking a tour of the Orchid Gardens and the new Cool House (only one of its kind in the world).
- Then take a taxi to Suntec City to take in lunch and see the fountain of Wealth. The world's largest fountain. (Take an optional duck tour of the Singapore river)
- Walk through the Citylink mall and emerge at the Esplande taking in the unique architecture and get a good view of the Singapore skyline from the roof.
- Walk across esplanade bridge to the Merlion Park to visit the Merlion, Singapore's tourism icon/mascot.
- Take the underground passage to Fullerton hotel, Singapore's former post office, converted to a five-star hotel. Take in a delightful chocolate fondue buffet for tea.
- Head outside and look at Ju Ming's statues and then you are right in the heart of the Central Business District and round the corner from the Singapore River.
- Take a Taxi to the Singapore Night Safari (the only of its kind in the World) get a bite to eat there before taking in the show and trying some of the night walks. The fishing Cat trail is not to be missed.
- Take a taxi to Newton Hawker center for some local food and seafood supper, Singapore style.

Wow! Thats quite a comprehensive! But thats quite a busy schedule ;) For nature lovers, visit Sungei Buloh nature reserve, very near to JB liao :) Then theres Kranji memorial too. Empress Place, Boat and Clarke Quay are also worth visiting.

1st visit here? what are your and your wife's interests?

shopping or sight seeing trip? how many days? found a place to stay?

have fun! singapore is not a bad as some people put it out to be!

I plan to go Singapore to Sentosa island this evening, not sure will stay overnight there (how expensive is hotel there?). Will make another trip can be one day trip or few days one...depends on where/what to visit) down to Singapore during Hari Raya holiday, but not sure where to visit...

Shopping is not the priority purpose, more of visit/sightseeing... :)

Kho King said:
I plan to go Singapore to Sentosa island this evening, not sure will stay overnight there (how expensive is hotel there?). Will make another trip can be one day trip or few days one...depends on where/what to visit) down to Singapore during Hari Raya holiday, but not sure where to visit...

Shopping is not the priority purpose, more of visit/sightseeing... :)

dun think sentosa's hotel is cheap, anyway no need to stay there one, in the night got more happening places to visit!

Welcome to singapore!

ignore my avater please ;)

Thanks again guys...hope will have a pleasant trip later...and more coming next week! :)

Belle&Sebastain, it is ok...almost got immuned already... :D

Kho King said:

Kho King,

I suggest you drive to the airport to pick up the guide and then back to JB bridge to start your tour.

The journey itself is enough for you to see Singapore.

Expert advice given by another non-Singaporean.

Sion said:
Kho King,

I suggest you drive to the airport to pick up the guide and then back to JB bridge to start your tour.

The journey itself is enough for you to see Singapore.

Expert advice given by another non-Singaporean.

hi sion, the guide you mentioned... what does it look like? if i am not mistaken, it can be found in many places, even tanah merah ferry terminal. the causeway checkpoint should have also.

i haven't gone into the tourist information centre at orchard road between heeren and robinsons, but i'm sure that is a more convenient place to get the information rather than changi airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.