Good time/place/event to buy camera stock clearance

u0206397

Jul 15, 2009
IT Show/PC Show don't seem like good time/place to buy cameras in general.

Harvey Norman and Courts always have almost monthly sales at Singapore Expo (e.g. MegaTex, Mega Sales). Worth going there to buy old stocks for digital camera they are clearing?

Or just pop down to any Alan Photo, Harvey Norman, Courts or Challenger outlet on any normal day would do?

Cathy Photo having clearance sale of their 5dm2 with 24-105mm kit...Time to go FF!

yeah , is there any camera warehouse sales like those sport shop ? hahah

I think lowest that u can find,5dm2 with 24-105mm kit $3700 but might be left with the balance stock only cos it has stopped production i was told.Cheers!

Marcus7 said:
I think lowest that u can find,5dm2 with 24-105mm kit $3700 but might be left with the balance stock only cos it has stopped production i was told.Cheers!

Is that cash price?

I settled by 24 months installment plan 0 downpayment 0 interest.Every month deduct $150 for 2 year.Should be able to pay by cash oso.Cheers!

Marcus7 said:

I just saw in HK, m2 body selling for S$2600. Not grey set.

Drooling.... Lol

How much is the 24-105 if we separately get it?

Anyway, how come the camera prices quoted in Singapore always much higher than those in US and Europe? :eek:

For example, a budget compact with RRP of £89 (~S$177) has quoted price of S$199 in Singapore?
Another one with RRP at only US$100 (~S$127) has quoted price of S$165?

Singapore sure is more expensive than even US and Europe these days...at least when it even comes to entry level compact cameras. Sellers here sure know how to mark up their prices.

u0206397 said:
Anyway, how come the camera prices quoted in Singapore always much higher than those in US and Europe? :eek:

For example, a budget compact with RRP of 889 (~S$177) has quoted price of S$199 in Singapore?
Another one with RRP at only US$100 (~S$127) has quoted price of S$165?

Singapore sure is more expensive than even US and Europe these days...at least when it even comes to entry level compact cameras. Sellers here sure know how to mark up their prices.

Where in Europe is it cheaper? USA has always been an extremely cheap market to buy electronics because of the economics of scale.