Good third party batteries

gardna

Apr 17, 2013
Singapore
Just wondering, which brand is a good third party battery? I see that there is Chromage, divipower, steinzeiser?, ilion, etc. I did try to search online but they were all US brand and not very applicable

Most of them have better capacity, up to 2.5x of original. Does anyone have any experience of using third party batteries?
If so, which do you recommend in terms of usage time and life span

Do lead me to another post if this question has been posted before, thanks

SkyStrike

Staff member
Nov 29, 2010
Somewhere
Just wondering, which brand is a good third party battery? I see that there is Chromage, divipower, steinzeiser?, ilion, etc. I did try to search online but they were all US brand and not very applicable

Most of them have better capacity, up to 2.5x of original. Does anyone have any experience of using third party batteries?
If so, which do you recommend in terms of usage time and life span

Do lead me to another post if this question has been posted before, thanks
My experience with 3rd party battery wasn't a pleasant one after the first year (with issues like huge drop in capacity and battery not holding charge). Since then, I've only buy original ones.

Thou some people have very different experience from mine. So, I guess it boils down to luck.

trd2970

Jun 8, 2005
Pisen worked good for me

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Do not trust labels claiming 2.5 times capacity. If this were real, why would the camera manufacturer use lower capacity types?
The ones I have do the same job as the original batteries. No big difference. If the shop gives me 1 year warranty (with receipt) then I think it can't be the last crap.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
I used to use 3rd party batteries. Now I just buy originals. The price difference is not that great compared to what you already paid for the camera and lenses. And you are really going to buy one or two more extra batteries for the lifetime of your camera.

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
I used to use 3rd party batteries thinking that the price are low and equal in performance. After using so many different cameras and brands, I just find that 3 rd party batteries are usually 50% equal in charge and not worth the trouble. Haha.

Top Bottom