Good Speaker System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja23XX

Jan 24, 2009
In The Shadows
Hi all, I'm looking for a set of 2.1 speaker system to match the imac. I like good sounds.

My budget is no more than $500. Would love any recommendations if you have.

I scouted for some and arrived at this. Scale of 1 being the best and so on.

1.) Bose Companion 3 Series 2. (A little over budget)

2.) Razer Mako. (Leaning onto this side more)

3.) Creative Gigaworks T3.

Of course, if there were any other systems feel free to add on.

I'm also wondering if i should spend $500 on sound. :bsmilie:

Thanks everyone.

GMAN

No Bose lol.

Try the Aego M, or the Klipsch Promedia 2.1. Both are excellent desktop speakers. Suitable for gaming and music. I personally use the Klipsch, love it to bits;)

The Creative set is really very very good.

Anyway, you can audition the Aego M at City Electronics

For that budget try the Audio Engines A5, alternatively you can try the nEar04s by ESI (I'm using that by the way)

Creative T3 is very good, also try out the Creative T40 Series II, its very good too :)

I own both the T40 and the T3, I can safely say with my creative X-Fi titanium soundcard the bass for the T40 is more than enough but not overwhelming. So there is some sort of balance that makes this set of speakers so good.

The razer mako is good if you are a bass fan, but its not worth the $600 to me.

The T3 loses out slightly to mako, only that slight bit, but its half the price of mako, so T3 would be a better buy for the money.

The razer mako is good if you are a bass fan, but its not worth the $600 to me.

The T3 loses out slightly to mako, only that slight bit, but its half the price of mako, so T3 would be a better buy for the money.
I can get the Mako at $400+, because i work there. But imac, doesn't use a creative sound card. So i can't really say for sure. Mako is good in the sense that the bass and trebles are quite clear. I've always known that creative gigaworks series is very good. Just that i've yet to hear the T3. In what aspect does the T3, lose out to mako? Or should i get a creative G500?

Thanks for the great help!

GMAN

You might want to give AudioEngine A5 a shot. Great sounding speakers. The price though is around $540 - slightly above your budget. If you don't mind stretching a bit, this is one set you won't regret. You can audition at Audiotrio or CD acoustics.

You might want to give AudioEngine A5 a shot. Great sounding speakers. The price though is around $540 - slightly above your budget. If you don't mind stretching a bit, this is one set you won't regret. You can audition at Audiotrio or CD acoustics.
Thanks, but $540 is quite expensive. Haha. More on leaning to the Razer Mako, or the Creative T3. Will check out the Audio engine A5. Thanks!

GMAN

Just to note, Rev 1 of the AE5s are cheaper, and don't have the iPod doc at the top. The Rev 2 does.. and that's the $540 one. Chamoxia used to sell, otherwise u can head to Bukit Timah Plaza (I think) and see there in 1 of the audio shops. Can't remember the name, but I auditioned it there.

Alternatiely, there's some guy mass selling on HWZ at 300+ I believe. But that's the Rev 1

Just to note, Rev 1 of the AE5s are cheaper, and don't have the iPod doc at the top. The Rev 2 does.. and that's the $540 one. Chamoxia used to sell, otherwise u can head to Bukit Timah Plaza (I think) and see there in 1 of the audio shops. Can't remember the name, but I auditioned it there.

Alternatiely, there's some guy mass selling on HWZ at 300+ I believe. But that's the Rev 1
No difference right, the Rev 1 or Rev 2. I don't really need the ipod dock.

GMN

Sorry dude.. jsut saw your thread. Rev 1 and 2 not much diff...

I second the Aego/Klipsch Promedia... if you surf in audio forums, you'll realise that:

1. Almost everyone don't use Bose, cause they are overpriced.

2. Alot of people don't go for Creative either (I don't think their speakers are that good to begin with)

I second the Aego/Klipsch Promedia... if you surf in audio forums, you'll realise that:

1. Almost everyone don't use Bose, cause they are overpriced.

2. Alot of people don't go for Creative either (I don't think their speakers are that good to begin with)
Haha, creative, my earphones just went bust after a year's usage. Haha.

GMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.